headingly_mariner
February 23, 2018, 7:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Well to be honest it actually depends entirely on how you view the situation- there's a very interesting study on this by Two IS psychologists - they saw a game- have a read - it basically shows that people's bias in various situations comes from how they perceive their reality. In context- don't like John fenty you're prepared to accept any information to support that. So yes if your view is that everything fenty says is lies/wrong then that's what your going to take from any information given.

Has he not just said that Askey no longer wants to leave Macc?
Stuart McCall has told the Daily Mail he declined an offer to talk to Town. Phil Brown has clearly told Humberside he's swerved it.

I don't believe everything he says is lies or wrong, but it isn't going well is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
RoboCod
February 23, 2018, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm pretty sure there's more than an element of truth in the Brown and Askey stories. As Headingly pointed out it's being drip fed by Humberside, can't see how you can see this as some outrageous conspiracy I've fallen for.
Back to the crux of the matter, for Campbell.
As a person I find him unbearable for many reasons. His scatter-shot approach to everything he dabbles in will make him a terrible manager, I feel.

Whether he's waking up and decides ne needs to be an actor; "I think it's better to disappear for a couple of years and simply learn how to act in real workshops. I've already been offered some obvious parts and turned them down. I want to go down the workshop track because I know how much it's going to take to become a good actor. It'll also be a test for me to tell if I'm going to like it."

Or failing at and losing interest in being an actor: "I think to act you need emotion, and I've got a lot of that... But then you've got to be willing to show that... I did look at the acting world, but my wife tells me it's a strange world, and I've decided to pursue other things."

Or waking up and deciding to be a Tory MP: "I have got so much to offer. I think it is very important for the black vote. If the 'black vote' votes it will clearly push someone over the line. I am for getting people from my background to vote. Politics is very hard work. You have to really commit to things. Some people get into it for the wrong reasons."

Or deciding against being an MP: "My ambitions lie elsewhere in the political arena. There are a lot of discussions to be had which I believe is the proper way to get to the right conclusion."

Or just going for it and being Mayor of London: "I bring something new to the table. This is a whole new road for me, something I can get my teeth into, but I just felt it was something I had to do. I come from a working-class background, it wasn't easy for me at all, but I worked hard. And now it's about giving something back"

And finally deciding to become a footy manager. Not just any old footy manager of course:
"Everyone has their own destiny. Mine is to lead a top team in Europe and then -- who knows? -- England.
I am ready for it, for all the challenges.
"

It's a big NO from me thanks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Pouton4ever
February 23, 2018, 7:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Has he not just said that Askey no longer wants to leave Macc?
Stuart McCall has told the Daily Mail he declined an offer to talk to Town. Phil Brown has clearly told Humberside he's swerved it.

I don't believe everything he says is lies or wrong, but it isn't going well is it?

I m not trying to argue with you - i just think when I read reports- that I don't know that Stuart Mcall told the mail he turned it down, didn't hear the call and equally I don't know that Phil Brown told humberside he's not in either. In law it's called hearsay- and I m not down with it. Like to make my mind up on stuff I have seen all angles of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
ginnywings
February 23, 2018, 7:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod
I'm pretty sure there's more than an element of truth in the Brown and Askey stories. As Headingly pointed out it's being drip fed by Humberside, can't see how you can see this as some outrageous conspiracy I've fallen for.
Back to the crux of the matter, for Campbell.
As a person I find him unbearable for many reasons. His scatter-shot approach to everything he dabbles in will make him a terrible manager, I feel.

Whether he's waking up and decides ne needs to be an actor; "I think it's better to disappear for a couple of years and simply learn how to act in real workshops. I've already been offered some obvious parts and turned them down. I want to go down the workshop track because I know how much it's going to take to become a good actor. It'll also be a test for me to tell if I'm going to like it."

Or failing at and losing interest in being an actor: "I think to act you need emotion, and I've got a lot of that... But then you've got to be willing to show that... I did look at the acting world, but my wife tells me it's a strange world, and I've decided to pursue other things."

Or waking up and deciding to be a Tory MP: "I have got so much to offer. I think it is very important for the black vote. If the 'black vote' votes it will clearly push someone over the line. I am for getting people from my background to vote. Politics is very hard work. You have to really commit to things. Some people get into it for the wrong reasons."

Or deciding against being an MP: "My ambitions lie elsewhere in the political arena. There are a lot of discussions to be had which I believe is the proper way to get to the right conclusion."

Or just going for it and being Mayor of London: "I bring something new to the table. This is a whole new road for me, something I can get my teeth into, but I just felt it was something I had to do. I come from a working-class background, it wasn't easy for me at all, but I worked hard. And now it's about giving something back"

And finally deciding to become a footy manager. Not just any old footy manager of course:
"Everyone has their own destiny. Mine is to lead a top team in Europe and then -- who knows? -- England.
I am ready for it, for all the challenges.
"

It's a big NO from me thanks.

This in spades. I'm surprised he can get out of bed in the morning with the weight of that massive chip he has on his shoulder. Do us a favour Sol, go and open some bars in Spain and fill them with people worthy to be in your presence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
headingly_mariner
February 23, 2018, 8:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Pouton4ever

I m not trying to argue with you - i just think when I read reports- that I don't know that Stuart Mcall told the mail he turned it down, didn't hear the call and equally I don't know that Phil Brown told humberside he's not in either. In law it's called hearsay- and I m not down with it. Like to make my mind up on stuff I have seen all angles of

I understand what you mean, but most of those hearsay and rumour stories start with the press suggesting it is just that. Both of these stories were clearly from solid sources as they weren't stated as rumour and even when the club refuted the Brown story Mike White still said he stood by his info. There are rules for the press and complaints can be made about innacuracies, it's unlikely they'd stick by that info if it was just a rumour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
Gaffer58
February 23, 2018, 8:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings

This in spades. I'm surprised he can get out of bed in the morning with the weight of that massive chip he has on his shoulder. Do us a favour Sol, go and open some bars in Spain and fill them with people worthy to be in your presence.

Stuff the bar, Linekar had already done it but, he could go into producing soup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
Bigdog
February 23, 2018, 8:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings

Oi Ginny. Don't put ideas in his head. No room for one more of us "great football minds" over here..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
Ipswin
February 23, 2018, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings

We'll stick with Wilko on a permanent basis then

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
Maringer
February 23, 2018, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,480
Gold Stars: 185
Humility not really a concept Campbell is aware of.

The funny thing about him is that, for all the world, he seems like a Walter Mitty type character but for the fact that his fantasy about being an international footballer was actually true!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
moosey_club
February 23, 2018, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Gaffer58

Stuff the bar, Linekar had already done it but, he could go into producing soup.

Sol Soup ?  Not very catchy ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sol Campbell turned down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.