1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Garth

Yes and the opposition IMO was better then, we have persisted with Dembele as a youngster even when he`s had an off day and hooked off, yet we don`t give one of our bright stars Clifton or Suliman a chance. WHY?

Clarke has been a major disappointment to me for starters brought in as a leader and to replace Pearson who whilst limited was without doubt our most committed outfield player and had leadership qualities.Clarke has had some decent games but when we have needed him to step up particularly whilst Davies and Collins,Macca have been out he has fell to pieces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
paramariner
February 23, 2018, 1:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +192
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Meza
Id bet a dollar to a pinch of sh*t if Wilko won the next 3 games some fans would still not be happy because he was slades number 2.

I really do hope he does well and id be happy for Wilko till the end of the season.  Picking players and formations might stop with the manager....but there is onething you cant blame Wilko for or any manager (well i dont anyway) is its the decisions of the players and the desire to want to win that wins games.  Ive seen some good players have a great season then the following season a completely different player making bad decisions after bad.  But Its up to the manager to drop the player and give someone else the shirt.

If you asked yourself 1 question

When going to BP what would class as being acceptable performance wise?

Hard work...rolled up sleeves stuff but struggling to win?
Attractive buckleyesque football but struggling to win?
Sladeball style football but winning games?

The reason why i ask this is because ive heard many fans say i dont mind town losing as long as they show bobby cumming style commitment.

Just curious.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
paramariner
February 23, 2018, 1:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +192
Gold Stars: 8
We need to show fight like Wigan did against City, totally played off the park but never gave up, not saying for 1minute that Exeter are anything special at all but we mus'nt allow heads to drop if we go behind. We should make up our shortcomings with a no surrender desire to compete.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
TheRealJohnLewis
February 23, 2018, 2:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

Criticism is one thing but personal abuse is another and it was happening from the day Slade was appointed. It would not have mattered what he did. And don’t say other clubs are the same. Even if that was so, it is Grimsby Town FC we are talking about. We should be better than that.  People in football circles notice these things and think “What if my appointment isn’t popular? Will that happen to me? Is it worth having my family in the middle of something like that?”

Other clubs would have had the decency not to employ a manager that was detested by a large number of their fans. There is not one manager I wouldn't have wanted more than Slade.

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wilko

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.