2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
February 22, 2018, 12:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
In my humble opinion the answer to our short term future is smacking us all in the face like a wet kipper, show wilko the door, would say barn door but he'd only miss it like the rest of our strikers, put Dave Moore at the helm with Buckley acting as a silent assistant. If the board do not act swiftly not only can we look forward to cold Tuesday nights at Torquay next year we could also be looking at the trap of non existence due to fans walking away from the present regime!!..I for one will never turn my back on the club I have loved for over 40 years but the younger generation will not stick with it like us older heads have
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
FishOutOfWater
February 22, 2018, 1:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from OneLove
Cast your mind back to this very day in 2011 when we was in the exact same scenario as we are to what we are today. Squad full of journeymen Leary, Hudson, Watt, Ridley, Duffy, Kempson.....an Ex Player in charge playing dyer football and was unable to steer us clear of relegation to non league the season before. I remember being sat watching the game on this very day against Forest green, freezing, fed up and worrying about the state of the club, seven years on Im still in the same boat along with everyone else worrying. Nothing ever nor will ever change with Fenty, I can honestly see this all happening again, back to non league coasting there or nearabouts each season.

I believe I'm right in saying that the following day - 23rd February - Neil Woods was released from his duties and then one month later - 23rd March - Scott & Hurst were appointed

Fortunately in the long run, it kind of worked out for us  - maybe more by luck than judgement, we got back in the league but only by the skin of our teeth

As to what the next appointment here will bring us, who knows, though all the signs are we won't be on a fast track to any kind of success  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deja Vu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.