2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 7:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Cast your mind back to this very day in 2011 when we was in the exact same scenario as we are to what we are today. Squad full of journeymen Leary, Hudson, Watt, Ridley, Duffy, Kempson.....an Ex Player in charge playing dyer football and was unable to steer us clear of relegation to non league the season before. I remember being sat watching the game on this very day against Forest green, freezing, fed up and worrying about the state of the club, seven years on Im still in the same boat along with everyone else worrying. Nothing ever nor will ever change with Fenty, I can honestly see this all happening again, back to non league coasting there or nearabouts each season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
February 22, 2018, 7:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
We need a top down shake up of the club but it won’t happen unless the club finds itself a new owner , all the same mistakes over again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The problem with being a figure head at any club is that when times are bad people look to those who are in a position to make changes that turn those bad times around. We have had over a decade of poor football and when you weight up the pro's against the cons, Fenty and the board have been found out either as inept or out of their depth. They are too reactive and not proactive and as MP stated there isn't the appetite for change and promises made to him were broken. A parting shot by Hurst was he was looking forward to working with honest people. Fenty either needs to get the new ground sorted quicker, it's taking far too long or leave with his benign debt. He has cost the club a fortune by not acting to stop us dropping out of the league the warning signs were there for all to see.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 7:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
We need a top down shake up of the club but it won’t happen unless the club finds itself a new owner , all the same mistakes over again

Its similarities are to close for me, Newell sacked, ex player takes over and we go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Garth
February 22, 2018, 8:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Or could be       we sign a new manager stay in the league sign a raft of young fast players preseason and completely p1ss the league next season  

Hey Ho here we go UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
ginnywings
February 22, 2018, 10:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from OneLove

Its similarities are to close for me, Newell sacked, ex player takes over and we go down.

Difference being that we will not leave the ex player in charge this time. What happens then is anybody's guess. It doesn't have to end the same way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 10:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from OneLove
Cast your mind back to this very day in 2011 when we was in the exact same scenario as we are to what we are today. Squad full of journeymen Leary, Hudson, Watt, Ridley, Duffy, Kempson.....an Ex Player in charge playing dyer football and was unable to steer us clear of relegation to non league the season before. I remember being sat watching the game on this very day against Forest green, freezing, fed up and worrying about the state of the club, seven years on Im still in the same boat along with everyone else worrying. Nothing ever nor will ever change with Fenty, I can honestly see this all happening again, back to non league coasting there or nearabouts each season.

I completely agree.

Its like groundhog day but without the happy ending. Its been exciting this week sort of, in looking at the rumours about a new manager, but it will soon settle down into the member ups, the fall outs and the lack of investment that means we will go constantly round in this circle of under achievement and of course until we get some serious investment it will remain so.

It doesn't matter to me as defeated as I sound, as I nailed my colours to the mast nearly 60 years ago, but how exactly Fenty and Co. expect the next generations to be interested in almost total failure is beyond me.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
friskneymariner
February 22, 2018, 10:49am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

Difference being that we will not leave the ex player in charge this time. What happens then is anybody's guess. It doesn't have to end the same way.

Are you forgetting this is G.T.F.C. doomed to repeat the failures of the past.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
ginnywings
February 22, 2018, 10:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from friskneymariner

Are you forgetting this is G.T.F.C. doomed to repeat the failures of the past.

No, but i remain hopeful until proven otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 12:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
After looking at the remaining games and the players we have and the c/t manager we have,

I can only see us winning 3 games if we are lucky,

Will 9 or 10 pts be enough ? I hope so,

God help us if we do not beat Port Vale, Barnet and Chesterfield,

If our saviour does not arrive soon I hope Wilkp at least tries  something different,

Like playing a winger on the wing and encourge the strikers to have more commitment in trying to score a goal.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deja Vu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.