Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight's games.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Tonight's games.

This thread currently has 9,091 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
February 20, 2018, 11:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Would be great to have the new guy in place and some real optimism brought about by attacking football and goals,  all in time to generate a buzz for the Lincoln game.
Be great to just look forward to a game full stop, actually.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
RonMariner
February 20, 2018, 11:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
Helpful though these results are, the fact remains that 36 points is not enough to stay up.

That said, I don't think we will need to hit the magic 50 point mark. I think 46 might be enough. Barnet are on 26 and it's hard to see them adding another 20 from their remaining games. Chesterfield have a better chance, but they remain in poor form and their next three games are against Swindon, Exeter and Lincoln. I wouldn't expect many points from that lot.

We still have it in our own hands. the games against Barnet and Chesterfield are crucial. Win those and we are strong favourites to stay up. Lose them and I think it's game over.

Having seen the debacle on Saturday, the team Wilkinson sent out is not good enough to stay up.  I'd revert to a back four and bring in Davies. Collins to replace Osbourne,  Rose to replace Berret, or better still bring Clements back or play MacAllister if fit.  Drop Matt. Start wit Vernum and Hooper up front with Wilkes and DJ wide.    I think that line up would get us some points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
ginnywings
February 20, 2018, 11:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner
Helpful though these results are, the fact remains that 36 points is not enough to stay up.

That said, I don't think we will need to hit the magic 50 point mark. I think 46 might be enough. Barnet are on 26 and it's hard to see them adding another 20 from their remaining games. Chesterfield have a better chance, but they remain in poor form and their next three games are against Swindon, Exeter and Lincoln. I wouldn't expect many points from that lot.

We still have it in our own hands. the games against Barnet and Chesterfield are crucial. Win those and we are strong favourites to stay up. Lose them and I think it's game over.

Having seen the debacle on Saturday, the team Wilkinson sent out is not good enough to stay up.  I'd revert to a back four and bring in Davies. Collins to replace Osbourne,  Rose to replace Berret, or better still bring Clements back or play MacAllister if fit.  Drop Matt. Start wit Vernum and Hooper up front with Wilkes and DJ wide.    I think that line up would get us some points.

It was enough the season York and Dagenham went down. Despite being completely crap for months, the fact there are still 6 teams below us shows how poor the league is this year. Everyone keeps mentioning Chesterfield and Barnet, but there are four other teams below us as well. Are they all going to overtake us? Crewe have already lost 21 games and blew their game in hand tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
ginnywings
February 21, 2018, 12:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MarinerDevil
How on Earth are Chesterfield in the mire?  It wasn't so long ago that they were poaching Jon Nolan from us and calling us 'tinpot' on their forum.  They're a well funded club, aren't they?

It's the Grimsby reaper at work. Hartlepool called us tinpot last season, and where are they now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
AndyDarloFC
February 21, 2018, 1:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
Hartlepool called us tinpot last season, and where are they now?

Getting relegated hopefully, then giving us our 1st derby in 11 years  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 78
ginnywings
February 21, 2018, 1:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Getting relegated hopefully, then giving us our 1st derby in 11 years  

Yeah, see they are still falling. Lost again tonight and dropped a bit further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
Mrs Doyle
February 21, 2018, 4:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
How many more get out of jail free cards?

At some point one of those teams are going to come good we need to start winning games NOW.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
lukeo
February 21, 2018, 7:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,346
Gold Stars: 142
Although good results point wise, has anyone noticed how the teams below us know how to score goals? All it needs is the odd 1 0 win here and their against our odd 0 0 to catch us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
supertown
February 21, 2018, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
We won’t go down this season, we are poor but as I’ve said before there are two teams that are worse, thankfully. Sure we need a few more points but there is no way Barnet or chesterfield are going to catch 9 points up on us plus the goal difference. There is also the added safety net of the other teams below us too. They are just as bad if not worse than us at the moment, that’s why they are below us . I’m not being complacent, I’m being realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight's games.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.