9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 20, 2018, 9:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Has Robbie Stockdale got more to offer than Wilko? He's never managed above academy level has he? I suspect that if Wilko was a coach at a big club right now, there would be a clamour for him to come here. I don't get the fascination with Stockdale personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
Skrill
February 20, 2018, 9:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from ginnywings
Has Robbie Stockdale got more to offer than Wilko? He's never managed above academy level has he? I suspect that if Wilko was a coach at a big club right now, there would be a clamour for him to come here. I don't get the fascination with Stockdale personally.

He could flood us with Sunderland loans I guess  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
Cloudy
February 20, 2018, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings

Being picky I know but I thought Stockdale is the development squad manager, i.e. Under 23's as opposed to academy ( up to under 18's) ?

Just means the players under him are far closer to the first team.

Whilst I would add Wilko has never been close to being a manager despite being in his 50's, I agree that if Stockdale had never been here he wouldn't be getting a mention.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
Tommy
February 20, 2018, 10:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I can't be bothered to look it up but thought I'd heard the other day that Stockdale is reserve team manager now at Sunderland.
And obviously has previously been u18s and u23s manager either there or elsewhere I think.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
rancido
February 21, 2018, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from gytone

Think someone said he hadn't applied but would be interested in talking to Town, don't know who said it or if it's true, i seem to have lost track of everything in the excitement  

I think you meant excrement!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
gytone
February 21, 2018, 8:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from rancido

I think you meant excrement!

Ahh yes thats it, i was close though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown has turned us down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.