Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Most hated manager.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Most hated manager.

This thread currently has 3,795 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
chicaneuk
February 20, 2018, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from sam gy
I don’t ‘hate’ Slade at all. In fact, I’d go as far to say that he comes across as an alright bloke. And at least he moved to the area and got himself out and about in the town. I know many people who bumped into him out and about and he always stopped for a chat.

He just wasn’t very good at his job.

I certainly don't hate him either but found his surprisingly thin skin and defensiveness, despite his years and years as a manager, confusing. All in all it has to go down in club history as one of the strangest appointments and tenures as manager. He didn't seem to want to do anything to win over the fans, at all and seemed more content to remain completely at odds with them almost the whole time he was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
barralad
February 20, 2018, 2:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Hate is a very strong emotion. As The Vicar says too strong for people you don't know.
In his first spell Slade did at least give us some great moments-Spurs at home, Derby away, play off semi wins v Lincoln.
Lyons provided virtually unbridled misery...
Newell provided totally unbridled misery

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
bawarmy
February 20, 2018, 6:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from lee65
Nicky Law

Not hated just crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Spatchcock
February 20, 2018, 9:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Mike Lyons was a nasty piece of work I will never forget him slating Tony Ford at a training session allegedly calling him a black ******d in front of players and onlookers alike.

Tried to do everything himself but failed he ended up selling all the decent players then fooked off to Aussie land or something rumor was though he was brought in to sell the valuable players by the then board and Dud Ramsden I think.

Newel was more interested in the bar and also run this club into the ground.

When Lyons was manager I went to the Fulham game at home and my old man said were gonna get battered today. 4-0 we lost and got played off the park. Such a shame really because that and the Arsenal game at home in the FA cup are the only two games of Lyon's reign that spring to mind. Newell on the other hand was a train crash waiting to happen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Most hated manager.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.