Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most hated manager.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

Most hated manager.

This thread currently has 3,823 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 19, 2018, 8:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Probably the next one in some eyes!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
sam gy
February 19, 2018, 9:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I don’t ‘hate’ Slade at all. In fact, I’d go as far to say that he comes across as an alright bloke. And at least he moved to the area and got himself out and about in the town. I know many people who bumped into him out and about and he always stopped for a chat.

He just wasn’t very good at his job.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Roast Em Bobby
February 19, 2018, 9:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
Mick Lyons by a mile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Marinerz93
February 19, 2018, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Mike Lyons was the most arrogant and I hated the way he thought the ball was his taking all the throwns and free kicks.

Slade I felt was a bit snidey, I hate how he left us managerless at Cardiff but that was mainly down to Fenty who didn't see the big picture. Slade had lost at least a quarter of the fan base before he even started and his lack of ability to accept blame saw him bimble from poor team selection and poor player acquisition. Also the fans forum and the fake anger towards Matt Dean left me questioning his credability.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
February 19, 2018, 10:56pm
Guest User
'Hated' is too strong a word. I'm sure Slade did his best, I heard he was meticulous in his preparation and well liked by the squad of male masturbators. I didn't rate Nicky Law, Slade made atrocious decisions, he couldn't have done a worse job, Groves didn't have much chance in his first job, Rodger was poor and Newell was shite. But no, I don't hate any of them, would be mad to hate someone you don't know. In fact, I've never hated anyone I do know, maybe disliked one or two.
Reply: 14 - 23
arryarryarry
February 20, 2018, 12:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
I didn't hate Slade, and from all accounts he worked extremely hard, but i think his time has passed. He built a good side here, before p1ssing off and doing it again with Yeovil and Orient. He may have done it here again given time, but he was never going to get that time, unless he hit the ground running. I didn't like his style of play, even when he had us at the top of the league in his last spell, but i would have taken it if he got us around the top end and scoring a few. We employed a manager on his way down, who left us with a bad taste in the mouth last time, so in my view, we should never have reappointed him. I didn't want him to fail; don't want any manager to fail, but he was just too big of a risk to take and it inevitably backfired.

I didn't hate the guy, I agree that it was a serious mistake bringing him in.

As for working hard, someone I know who popped down to Cheapside on a regular basis said all he seemed to do was stand about and it was Wilko taking all the training, he probably spent too much time with the analyst trying to see how many players he should bring back for corners.

As for being given time, he had plenty of time to sign a load of crap players.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
tintowner
February 20, 2018, 1:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Mike Lyons without a doubt.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Mrs Doyle
February 20, 2018, 4:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Did not hate Slade either but his record this season was absolutely abysmal.

One thing I will say in his favour he must be the most unlucky manager in our history after that horrendous start with sending offs and let's face it most were down to very poor ref decisions.

It looked like complete desperation on the attacking front not sure how much input Wilco had but it just never got going just lack of chances was glaringly obvious all season, Midfield?

Not sure anyone can motivate these players I don't think we have been dominated by any team possession-wise, just decisive forward play and clinical finishing by the opposition have been our undoing albeit been found wanting for pace at the back on occasions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Abdul19
February 20, 2018, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
I don't hate Slade but I lost trust

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
dapperz fun pub
February 20, 2018, 11:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I didn’t hate slade but when he kept harping on about building something but kept bringing in poor players and in some cases excrement players I found him extremely annoying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most hated manager.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.