ginnywings
February 19, 2018, 9:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just have this horrible feeling it will be Wilkinson and if it is then I'm pretty sure we will be playing conference football next season.

But on a brighter note I will be £18 a week up because I won't step a foot in Blundell park if this happens.

Call me what you want but I couldn't possibly take anymore of this excrement.

Hope it's askey now I've depressed myself into oblivion.

I have every sympathy for your opinion and choice, but surely one game in charge is a bit harsh to come to that conclusion?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 100
Hagrid
February 19, 2018, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from ginnywings

I have every sympathy for your opinion and choice, but surely one game in charge is a bit harsh to come to that conclusion?

I went to cambridge. Id already said he should’ve gone with slade and i dont want him in charge of this club. He’s done nothing to convince me he will do any good for us, we need someone new
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 100
RichMariner
February 19, 2018, 9:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
I didn't want to be too critical of Wilkinson ahead of the Cambridge match and was happy with the idea of him seeing us through to the end of the season, but his decision to broadly keep the same team, playing the same way and losing the match sort makes me believe that this appointment has to be someone with fresh ideas and totally external to the club.

If it's Askey, I think it's the board's intentions to (obviously) stay up and then build steadily next season. If Fenty wants his loans back he needs to find more Omar Bogles to sell and Askey might be that man from his time in non-league.

If we're not bringing through our own youth players then finding other rough diamonds is the only way to make money if we're just going to tread water in League 2 while we stabilise the club and rebuild a bit of balance (which I'd be happy with for long term gains).

I'd prefer it if we could bring through the likes of Clifton and Wright to sell on, but unless the new manager sees and believes in their potential it needs to come as a directive from the board.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 82 - 100
dapperz fun pub
February 19, 2018, 10:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from RichMariner
I didn't want to be too critical of Wilkinson ahead of the Cambridge match and was happy with the idea of him seeing us through to the end of the season, but his decision to broadly keep the same team, playing the same way and losing the match sort makes me believe that this appointment has to be someone with fresh ideas and totally external to the club.

If it's Askey, I think it's the board's intentions to (obviously) stay up and then build steadily next season. If Fenty wants his loans back he needs to find more Omar Bogles to sell and Askey might be that man from his time in non-league.

If we're not bringing through our own youth players then finding other rough diamonds is the only way to make money if we're just going to tread water in League 2 while we stabilise the club and rebuild a bit of balance (which I'd be happy with for long term gains).

I'd prefer it if we could bring through the likes of Clifton and Wright to sell on, but unless the new manager sees and believes in their potential it needs to come as a directive from the board.

You're far to logical mate shame our board isn't , same mistakes being repeated I'm afraid which will end in the same end result
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 100
ginnywings
February 19, 2018, 10:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Hagrid

I went to cambridge. Id already said he should’ve gone with slade and i dont want him in charge of this club. He’s done nothing to convince me he will do any good for us, we need someone new

Fair enough, but he does seem to be getting tarred with a very large Slade shaped brush.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 100
davmariner
February 19, 2018, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Controversial, but I’ve heard a whisper that it won’t be Askey...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 100
ginnywings
February 19, 2018, 10:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from davmariner

Why controversial?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 100
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2018, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair enough, but he does seem to be getting tarred with a very large Slade shaped brush.

Well, he says there wasn't a problem between him & Slade and he clearly advised on some signings so I don't think that's as unfair as you make it sound.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 100
Cloudy
February 19, 2018, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from davmariner

For what it is worth I don't think it will be Askey
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 100
davmariner
February 19, 2018, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from ginnywings

Why controversial?

Because it goes against what social media and local media outlets are speculating.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Askey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.