Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How much..?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

How much..?

This thread currently has 2,811 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
February 18, 2018, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Fenty wants a lot more than what is being touted around. It's not just the financial side but still wants his fingers in the pie. Again, I'll reiterate, this is from someone that should know too.

You mean the alleged rumour that he wants to remain a director for life, free seat on the board.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
sapper mariner
February 18, 2018, 1:56pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
euro millions is up to 141 million just saying

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
TheRealJohnLewis
February 18, 2018, 1:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
If I won that much I'd happily put money into Town, but I wouldn't want Fenty anywhere near the club and I wouldn't want to run it myself as I wouldn't have a clue how to.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
darren9
February 18, 2018, 3:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Let’s not be too hasty. Let’s list the pros and cons of JF. Remember his supporters remind us constantly of what he has done for the club and without him we’d have disappeared long ago.

So here it is;

JF pros;
He’s a fan
Made money out of fish
Lent the club some money.
Long term plan to get a new ground

JF cons;
Massive ego
Under his stewardship we’ve gone from championship to conference.
Refuses to take responsibility for failures, still blaming ITV digital for our errors.
Lent the club some money and is now effectively holding the club to randsome hoping to get it back
Promises new ground, has no idea how to achieve it
Failed to maintain current ground effectively.
Consistently makes the wrong choice when appointing managers
Falls out with managers, the press, players and fans
Unable To accept criticism
Long term plans for the club effectively rely on football fortune (ie; luck)
Insults players with poor contract renewals
Employs sicophants so the club is effectively a dictatorship.
When the club needs cash to correct poor decisions merely loans the club the money
Manages the messages coming from the club with absolutely no idea of how PR actually works. Press releases have the air of a rambling mad-man. Has previously and probably drunkenly rung local radio for a good old argument but won’t actually speak to them on their terms.
Prone to random acts of violence (Newport flag, fight with Newell)

These are by no means exhaustive lists; feel free to add points. But as you can see it’s pretty close between the pros and cons isn’t it?

And remember ..

Pilloried, moving forward, you lose trust, benign loans in the building,

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Gaffer58
February 18, 2018, 4:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
So what have the other board members apart from Fenty probably put into the club against what they take each season. I have no idea on what they may have put in, money wise, but taking out I assume includes the following, free match day tickets both home away, to also include pre natch meal, program and after match drinks. Overnight stay on away matches, during don't know if this includes the other half. Probably able to claim expenses when on club duties. I am sure other Fishy members would know more about these give and takes than I have mentioned here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How much..?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.