3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Croxton
February 17, 2018, 10:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks to my railcard and bus pass I managed to keep expenses down to £90 today. Many family groups will have spent much more. These are the sums Mr. Marley fails to compute. Whether we survive in the EFL or not there has to be some return or involvement for the investment fans make.
On arriving home an hour ago, family circumstances have changed and I am now unable to make it next week. No pang of disappointment sadly.
As ever, Chaos and Ginny speak the hard truths.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
barralad
February 17, 2018, 10:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Bigdog
So there's twelve games left, twelve games for GTFC fans to do everything they can to contribute towards their beloved club from falling into the abyss and probably never to return.

Is it the right time to decide not to go and support the team? Is it the right time to protest against the board during games? Is it the right time to berate those under-performing players that have let us down so badly this season?

As you rally around your club at this desperate hour, try picturing this..

When the players are out there on the pitch, blank out whichever player is wearing the kit and just fixate on his shirt. Just eleven Grimsby Town shirts moving around the pitch because it's all that matters. Those players will be gone by next season, yet the shirts will remain. Those black and white Grimsby Town shirts. We need a raft of new players under a new manager playing in League Two next season in those famous black and whites.

Can we support those shirts for twelve more games? Can we put aside the "Fenty Out" chants because he's got the message already?

By all means rant and rave on The Fishy as it's the right place to vent frustrations, but can we all do our bit? Not let these twelve games pass us by in a haze of fury and impending disaster and simply support those shirts to safety and the rest will sort itself out when our goal is achieved..

This sums up entirely my view. I do not think I could survive (in a footballing sense) another relegation. With that in mind, difficult though it might be, and God knows at times today I was screaming at certain players, as a fan all I can do is try to get behind the team and ignore my prejudices about certain individuals. As a fan it is all I can do and barring (further) ill health I'll be at every one of those remaining 12 games...UTFM

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Mariner Timsky
February 18, 2018, 11:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
800 of us in Cambridge clearly shows we care. Yes a large amount of that number (myself included) attended due to the bald one being sacked and expecting some kind of change!

19 mins in we conceded a rather simple goal and that was that unfortunately. We knew that this team has no fight in them. Their heads dropped and unfortunately did ours. And at full time how many of the 800 was left?

Worried for our clubs future. Really cannot imagine non league again, yeh we had a few laughs but do we really need to be in that mess again!?

Depressed and deflated but as always GTID

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Grimbiggs
February 18, 2018, 12:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Mental strength will certainly play a part, and I do wonder if some of the players are up for the fight. I noticed that Sam Jones isn't featuring much at Shrewsbury due to his fitness levels, so whilst technically we aren't very good anyway, I do wonder about whether our fitness levels are at the level they should be. We seem to be folding very tamely in games, and very really are able to get back into matches if the other teams score first. Whilst we're still 9 points off relegation the home games against Port Vale, Barnet and Chesterfield are crucial, and we need to be a leaner, meaner team, that's prepared to fight if we are going to start winning games again...UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Mallyner
February 18, 2018, 1:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I can't copy and paste on this cheap tablet but apart from Jones and Jamie Osborne who only played the last 4 minutes and neither scored, we still have the team who beat Swindon 3-2. If Dembele is fit, why not try that against Exeter. We could replace Jones with one of Wilks or Jackson.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Grimbiggs
February 24, 2018, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Grimbiggs
[b]Mental strength will certainly play a part, and I do wonder if some of the players are up for the fight.[/b] I noticed that Sam Jones isn't featuring much at Shrewsbury due to his fitness levels, so whilst technically we aren't very good anyway, I do wonder about whether our fitness levels are at the level they should be. We seem to be folding very tamely in games, and very really are able to get back into matches if the other teams score first. Whilst we're still 9 points off relegation the home games against Port Vale, Barnet and Chesterfield are crucial, and we need to be a leaner, meaner team, that's prepared to fight if we are going to start winning games again...UTM.

We seem to be posting the same remarks every week, it's getting so frustrating!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
TownSNAFU5
February 24, 2018, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
York got in the Div 2 playoffs.  Then had 2 consecutive relegations (the first with Berrett and Summerfield in CM).  

They also spent 10 years plus trying to get a new ground.  Also have had the same Chairman for many years who repeatedly showed bad judgement in appointing bad managers, who then brought in generally poor players.  

The Chairman has been tight with funding but has kept the club going; but he wants control of all the shares. He conflicts with the Trust and the fans. Many fans have lost trust and hope for any future success.

These factors were significant in their fall from grace.

Good job Town have a different business model for failure.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
moosey_club
February 24, 2018, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
pretty sure the club have waved the white flag on 12 games or 11 games....did i hear Wilko single out the three games against  Port Vale/ Chestrfield/ Barnet as now being important ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
TAGG
February 24, 2018, 8:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
If you buy a Ticket on the day or have a season ticket (like me) you are then supporting the club and players and if you pay your money you can complain in whatever way you wish (I just urine off to the club when it's excrement. I'm now a alcoholic)if that's with banners or changing Fenty out then so be it.
A lot on here go on about the way people should support the club and they never go to the games themselves FFS

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mindset For The Next Twelve Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.