3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
February 17, 2018, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
So there's twelve games left, twelve games for GTFC fans to do everything they can to contribute towards their beloved club from falling into the abyss and probably never to return.

Is it the right time to decide not to go and support the team? Is it the right time to protest against the board during games? Is it the right time to berate those under-performing players that have let us down so badly this season?

As you rally around your club at this desperate hour, try picturing this..

When the players are out there on the pitch, blank out whichever player is wearing the kit and just fixate on his shirt. Just eleven Grimsby Town shirts moving around the pitch because it's all that matters. Those players will be gone by next season, yet the shirts will remain. Those black and white Grimsby Town shirts. We need a raft of new players under a new manager playing in League Two next season in those famous black and whites.

Can we support those shirts for twelve more games? Can we put aside the "Fenty Out" chants because he's got the message already?

By all means rant and rave on The Fishy as it's the right place to vent frustrations, but can we all do our bit? Not let these twelve games pass us by in a haze of fury and impending disaster and simply support those shirts to safety and the rest will sort itself out when our goal is achieved..

Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
February 17, 2018, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Bigdog
February 17, 2018, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from chaos33
It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself....

We all look back on life with regret in how we have acted in tough times and thought we could have done better in some of those moments. Do we want to regret spending the next twelve games protesting and get relegated and always wonder if we had acted differently, there may have been a better outcome?

We all say players and boards come and go. So by putting aside our rightful rage at what's going on and it helps muster the odd point or two to stay up, it can only benefit us the fans as we are the constant, The other bottlejobs and custodians are merely transitional ships in the night in the grand scheme of things. To continue protest game after game could only affect ourselves long term, not them..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
jimgtfc
February 17, 2018, 9:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
That only goes so far though doesn’t it? We can all start the game with the best intentions but that only continues if it’s replicated on the pitch and sadly at the minute when we concede a goal the players lose all confidence and spirit and so the fans turn. Vicious cycle.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
chaos33
February 17, 2018, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Mate, it's won or lost on the pitch. It has f**k all to do with how you or I perceive the current context the club finds itself in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
My season ticket means i will be at the remaining home games, and i will support the team on the pitch as i always do. Beyond that, i just don't know. Not doing non league again. The club has used up all my good will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
moosey_club
February 17, 2018, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
oh i can easily.....
i dont think i abuse players aside from the odd groan and FFS when they do something disappointing anyway....
but with this current crop virtually none of them register on my radar.....
i feel pretty much zero allegiance to any of them such has been the turnover of players and managers in the last 18 months or so...
from a passionate , proud , beaming supporter at Wembley to an apathetic one now.

Well done the board, Bignot, the board, Slade, the board.  

Roll on next season when hopefully the board and players have been replaced.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Tinymariner
February 17, 2018, 9:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Certain fans attend matches with the premeditated intention of protesting ‘Fenty Out’ on a large banner. Like the OP states, now is not the time for this. We are in extreme danger of relegation and we need to be united in our support for the team. Our time to air any grievances will come, IMO it’s not now. UTFM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 10:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tinymariner
Certain fans attend matches with the premeditated intention of protesting ‘Fenty Out’ on a large banner. Like the OP states, now is not the time for this. We are in extreme danger of relegation and we need to be united in our support for the team. Our time to air any grievances will come, IMO it’s not now. UTFM

What difference does it make, really? The players are just not good enough, whether there is deafening silence or a raucous crowd. Just another excuse to cover p1ss poor management and players. If they give us something to get excited about, then they will be backed unswervingly. The fans only react to what they see on the pitch and i've seen 1 or is it 2 goals this year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
chaos33
February 17, 2018, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

What difference does it make, really? The players are just not good enough, whether there is deafening silence or a raucous crowd. Just another excuse to cover p1ss poor management and players. If they give us something to get excited about, then they will be backed unswervingly. The fans only react to what they see on the pitch and i've seen 1 or is it 2 goals this year?

This. Bare facts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mindset For The Next Twelve Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.