Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wilko Interview (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Wilko Interview (merged)

This thread currently has 6,812 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 9:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
We had 5 players on the pitch today that came from relegated sides. The York duo were part of a side that got the lowest points total i can ever remember. Clarke from relegated Coventry. Hooper and Kelly from Port Vale. Not to mention 4 loanees at various stages of the game. When the management is bringing in such winners, sanctioned by the board, you can see why we are in the mess we are.

If that wasn't bad enough, we have had three managers and two caretaker managers in less than 2 seasons. We are about to employ our 4th.

If you set out to purposefully destroy a promoted team, you couldn't have done a better job of it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
chaos33
February 17, 2018, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ginnywings
We had 5 players on the pitch today that came from relegated sides. The York duo were part of a side that got the lowest points total i can ever remember. Clarke from relegated Coventry. Hooper and Kelly from Port Vale. Not to mention 4 loanees at various stages of the game. When the management is bringing in such winners, sanctioned by the board, you can see why we are in the mess we are.

Absolutely this. 18 months later we are still picking the relegated York centre midfield duo. If you put aside every other contentious issue, this would still be a significant aspect of our current plight. Going on with this arrangement is just insane. What do the board and management expect will happen?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
Swansea_Mariner
February 17, 2018, 9:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Berret has made a career out of getting relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
arryarryarry
February 17, 2018, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
It might as well have been Slade talking, we must work harder, what the intercourse have they been doing for the past 12 games then.

Same shower of excrement today.

Time to flipping man up and say it how it is and make some changes and leave the crap out, Dixon, Osbourne, Berrett, Matt, Hooper,  I wasn't that impressed by Hall-Johnson either.

Time to play the young loanees even if we lose I would much rather watch them play.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 9:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from H19P1
Where do we go from here, seriously

Don't start with the Haircut 100 song again.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 10:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Berret has made a career out of getting relegated.

If Clifton can't do a better job than Berrett, we may as well terminate his contract tomorrow, as he's no future in the game. I haven't seen him make one incisive pass all season, and if he ever scored, i think i would faint on the spot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
1mickylyons
February 18, 2018, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I wanted to believe in Wilko like I believed in him as a player he always gave 100% for the shirt.As soon as I saw his team selection my heart sank the usual wasters in the matchday squad Clifton and the Villa kid should have been a brave new dawn.The 90 mins against Cambridge should be his last involvement from the dugout the bravery he showed as a player clearly hasn`t moved across into coaching/management.The interview full of buzzwords and BS about hard work.You don`t need to work harder Paul you need to do the right work and that means leaving out the matchday squad the likes of Vernon,Kelly,Dixon and Hooper who are 4 of the worst players most of us have ever seen.You let us down Paul and worse still you let yourself down had you got a result yesterday with kids BP would have had 5k on Saturday all backing you to the hilt.No backbone,no desire, no hope and little effort
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
Abdul19
February 18, 2018, 8:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33

Absolutely this. 18 months later we are still picking the relegated York centre midfield duo.

For all Bignot's faults, he worked this one out pretty much straight away.

I've no idea what McAllister looks like or how he plays or even if he's actually a real person, but he can't be any shitter than Berrett. Incredibly, he'll probably end his 2 years at GTFC with as many  permanent managers as league appearances.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
bawarmy
February 18, 2018, 8:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from MuddyWaters
'We want to make Blundell Park a place where people don't want to come' - pretty sure he meant away players not home fans.

That might mean the home players too. They don’t seem very keen when they are there either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
Rodley Mariner
February 18, 2018, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I was just relieved we didn't at least have Clements available to be on the bench yesterday. Who'd want a cemtre mid capable of scoring now and again?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wilko Interview (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.