Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you manage GTFC?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 377 Guests

Would you manage GTFC?

This thread currently has 3,203 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2018, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
A club with limited resources, a poor ground in a poor area, inadequate training facilities, a broken relationship between the board & the fans, a squad of very questionable talent & even less passion?

I hate to say it but, even if we survive this season, what next?
Private Message
Mikey_345
February 17, 2018, 6:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Despite what’s happening on and off the field at the moment I think we are still a reasonable prospect.

I get it’s a big risk to anyone coming in with our position and relegation a possibility. However if they can come in, smack a few heads together and get a reaction pulling us away to a safe finish this season then they can start afresh next season and put their own stamp on things.

We are a relatively big club in this division (historically) and have fans that most clubs in this and the next league would dream of. Our away following is incredible and there is most definitely potential here if managed right.

Big risk - big reward.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
pontoonlew
February 17, 2018, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
I'd manage GTFC free of charge for the pure satisfaction of telling almost every man in that dressing room how shite they are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
promotion plaice
February 17, 2018, 6:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Would you manage GTFC ?  

Not for me I'm afraid, my knee is playing me up a bit nowadays and I have very little tactical nous.

I prefer to leave it to the so called experts.......anyway I don't think me and John could work together  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
ginnywings
February 17, 2018, 6:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Too right i would. Big club in League 2 with the opportunity of a clean sweep in the summer and to bring in your own signings from day 1. As said, big reward for someone who can get it right. There will be loads of managers wanting the job. There will be a lot of chaff among them, but i'm sure there will be one or two nuggets, if we identify the right ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Mikey_345
February 17, 2018, 6:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +5,271
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from promotion plaice

Would you manage GTFC ?  

Not for me I'm afraid, my knee is playing me up a bit nowadays and I have very little tactical nous.

I prefer to leave it to the so called experts.......anyway I don't think me and John could work together  

Just abit? You sound more mobile than a few on the books, are you available Saturday? 😆

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2018, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

Would you manage GTFC ?  

Nor me - I think my days of working for someone like that ended when I got a mind of my own!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
SpudUDontLike
February 17, 2018, 6:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Might as well

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
RoboCod
February 17, 2018, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

Would you manage GTFC ?  

This knee complaint has reached epidemic proportions amongst Town fans due to our persistent 'knee jerk' reactions to the boards decisions.

#itsallourfault

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Earnyourstripes
February 17, 2018, 6:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -67
Gold Stars: 1
I would have a pop at it, as long as Fenty doesnt offer me a drink at a pub in Tetney!
Not to sure i couldnt stop myself from telling him a few home truths, i would start with that bloody leather jacket!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would you manage GTFC?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.