11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 17, 2018, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,073
Gold Stars: 518
Why is it acceptable for the fans to hurl dogs abuse at the subs but not for the player to give it back?

Should he have responded? No.
Is it that easy to turn the other cheek? No.

I'm far from Vernon's biggest fan but to mindlessly abuse the lad when he's warming up baffles me. I understand the frustrations in the stands but abusing players achieves absolutely nothing.

I don't blame him for a second for giving it back. Human reaction to give it back, professional footballer or not.

Didn't see the Kelly incident so can't comment.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 109
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 17, 2018, 10:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Football fans are like the school bully, happy to give it out but soon as they get some back run to the headteacher, laughable.

Problem is the 13 game run without a win, frustration and anger is making everyone over react, what do you do when a fellow motorist gestures or gives you abuse? You react with the same and a bit added on, well I do and I expect most others do as well. Same with Vernon.

If they sacked Vernon tomorrow would not bother me however, nor for his gesture just think he is a waste of a wage but whilst he is playing I would try and support him but seem to think I may have called him a few choice names in the past so if he shouted st me in return or called me a male masturbator he may have a decent argument and I would not expect Fenty to sort it out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 109
Mariner Ronnie
February 17, 2018, 10:56pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad

Is it possible for "a miniscule minority" to make itself heard and for a prolonged period of time in a crowd of approaching 800?

I’m lost I’m sorry.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 109
GrimRob
February 17, 2018, 11:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Scott Vernon is our best player according to the Bread Winners page. We average 1.8 points when he is playing. That's miles more than anyone else  

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8503217

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 109
Tommy
February 17, 2018, 11:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from GrimRob
Scott Vernon is our best player according to the Bread Winners page. We average 1.8 points when he is playing. That's miles more than anyone else  

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8503217

Then that shows the true value of that type of statistic.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 109
arryarryarry
February 18, 2018, 4:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Quoted from diehardmariner
Why is it acceptable for the fans to hurl dogs abuse at the subs but not for the player to give it back?

Should he have responded? No.
Is it that easy to turn the other cheek? No.

I'm far from Vernon's biggest fan but to mindlessly abuse the lad when he's warming up baffles me. I understand the frustrations in the stands but abusing players achieves absolutely nothing.

I don't blame him for a second for giving it back. Human reaction to give it back, professional footballer or not.

Didn't see the Kelly incident so can't comment.

So he got some excrement from the fans and he was right to turn round to the fans and effectively call them male masturbators?.

Visiting players get lots of abuse, are you saying they have the right to turn round to the home fans and start giving them the male masturbator or intercourse off sign.

Good luck with that.

Private Message
Reply: 95 - 109
Mrs Doyle
February 18, 2018, 7:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

So he got some excrement from the fans and he was right to turn round to the fans and effectively call them male masturbators?.

Visiting players get lots of abuse, are you saying they have the right to turn round to the home fans and start giving them the male masturbator or intercourse off sign.

Good luck with that.

To be fair visiting players expect to get abuse that does not hurt them, in fact, they thrive on it. However, it would hurt you if your own fans did it or it should do.

Like any other business, a shop, restaurant, a tradesman your customers can give abuse (read some of their reviews) but you do not trade insults with your customers like Basil Faulty. you can always count on some to vent their anger especially against one of the worst performers.

Trouble is unless he is on the pitch he can not do anything about that and if he does get on the pitch things must be really dire but at least he can have a chance to answer his critics in the right way.

Hard as it is he should just remain professional and stay out of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 109
arryarryarry
February 18, 2018, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

To be fair visiting players expect to get abuse that does not hurt them, in fact, they thrive on it. However, it would hurt you if your own fans did it or it should do.

Like any other business, a shop, restaurant, a tradesman your customers can give abuse (read some of their reviews) but you do not trade insults with your customers like Basil Faulty. you can always count on some to vent their anger especially against one of the worst performers.

Trouble is unless he is on the pitch he can not do anything about that and if he does get on the pitch things must be really dire but at least he can have a chance to answer his critics in the right way.

Hard as it is he should just remain professional and stay out of it.

Why should visiting players expect to get abuse?

Yes it is part of football and has been for years but players have to rise above it home or visiting.

Once players cross the line and start abusing their own fans then they will likely get abuse back at most games.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 109
forza ivano
February 18, 2018, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Grim74

What would you do in Vernon's position then.....Time has finally caught up with you and you realise that you're not good enough for league football anymore.
Do you A. Think with young children and a mortgage I'm going to wing this contract out.
Or
Do you B. Think intercourse my family it's the good of the club that counts I'm going to see Fenty in the morning and ask him to cancel my contract with mutual consent.

Get real!

Agreed grim. Lot of cry baby ,left wing easily offended snowflakes on this thread, wouldn't you agree?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 109
ginnywings
February 18, 2018, 12:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Fans angry and abusing players. Players giving fans offensive hand signals. Players fighting among themselves on the pitch and in training. Fans arguing and almost coming to blows with each other. Chants against the board members.

All signs of a club in crisis and something we've all seen before, more than once. Only an upturn on the pitch will put a stop to it. It's the same at all clubs, but we seem to have had more than our fair share in recent years.

Unless the club nip this in the bud with a good appointment and some direction on the pitch, it will keep rumbling away, and the longer it rumbles, the more chance of it blowing up completely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The male masturbator sign

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.