Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The male masturbator sign
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 313 Guests

The male masturbator sign

This thread currently has 16,280 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
February 17, 2018, 7:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well there aren't likely to be many chanting 'Fenty in' are there?

No but it struck me as strange that it was deemed a good move during a game the players needed the backing in at a time when Town were pretty much on top.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 109
jimgtfc
February 17, 2018, 7:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
Absolutely disgusting from Vernon! The line of work I’m in often means I get a lot of abuse from the people I’m trying to treat. I’ve been punched, kicked, spat at, verbally abused and threatened by the people I’m paid to help. What do I do about it? I remain thoroughly professional as do all my colleagues and continue to do my job. Under no circumstances whatsoever would I do anything like Scott Vernon did today, and if I did I would be dismissed due to gross misconduct. The protective veil that shields footballers is pathetic and he should be treat the same as any other working civilian. He’ll be gone come the summer anyway and I’ll be glad if he never wears our black and white shirt again.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 109
Marinerz93
February 17, 2018, 7:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grim74

What would you do in Vernon's position then.....Time has finally caught up with you and you realise that you're not good enough for league football anymore.
Do you A. Think with young children and a mortgage I'm going to wing this contract out.
Or
Do you B. Think intercourse my family it's the good of the club that counts I'm going to see Fenty in the morning and ask him to cancel my contract with mutual consent.

Get real!

In every job I have had I have given most of the time 100%, and treated customers with respect, even when they didn't deserve it.

Whilst he is under a contract I expect 100% effort and commitment, with his attitude and lack of commitment I don't give a flying fig what happens to him when we go down to non league because that's where we are heading with losers like him and his bad attitude.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 109
Grim74
February 17, 2018, 7:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Bigdog

And throw in the fact that the team hasn't won for fourteen games and been utter garbage, the players should know better to turn the other cheek and improve their own output at their place of work for the customer that's paying their wages. It's more than just one performance for us fans. When players good and bad have played for us and left, they get on with their lives, we are still left with the club until we croak.

It doesn't surprise me that players are acting this way when it's been part of the DNA of the whole club from the very top to the club office and the departed manager who think it's fair game to blame the fans for their failings. It's a stupid mentality to think the best policy when things aren't going too well, the chairman, board, officers of the club, the manager and now the players exacerbate the chasm between themselves and the fans. Yes fans can be arrses when performances and results are bad, but it's the board, manager and players responsibility to improve the entertainment to win the fans over. Blaming the fans is an easy way out and not taking responsibility for their own actions and a lack of ability, mindset or skill to change things around.

This is the worst and longest sustained period of the club's history and fans have been called bullies, vile and now w*nkers and being laughed at. I'm surprised we've got any fans left never mind 800 travelling to Cambridge and venting their understandable frustrations.

If you run the club and don't have the ability to make decisions to win the fans over, you shouldn't be running the club.

If you play for the club and don't have the ability or at least put the effort in wearing the shirt to win the fans over, you shouldn't be playing for the club.

It's as simple as that..

Makes a lot of sense this, I originally said I didnt blame him for giving the male masturbator sign to abusive fans and that I'd do exactly the same... but would I do it at my workplace? Absolutely not and in my line of work I can and have been called a lot worse. Well done you've changed my opinion and that doesn't happen much😂 So now sack  the idiot regardless.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 109
Grim74
February 17, 2018, 7:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Marinerz93

In every job I have had I have given most of the time 100%, and treated customers with respect, even when they didn't deserve it.

Whilst he is under a contract I expect 100% effort and commitment, with his attitude and lack of commitment I don't give a flying fig what happens to him when we go down to non league because that's where we are heading with losers like him and his bad attitude.

That's fair enough but you originally criticised and blamed him for where we are now which was a it harsh, is it lack of commitment or the fact he has just got really excrement or a bit of both?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 109
ackomariner
February 17, 2018, 7:23pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Marinerz93
The reason why we are in the position we are is because Vernon and Kelly are inept and I hope both the useless oxygen thieves at the end of the season have to get real jobs, the pair of sharp objects.

Missed a few more names off that list...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 109
Marinerz93
February 17, 2018, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Grim74

That's fair enough but you originally criticised and blamed him for where we are now which was a it harsh, is it lack of commitment or the fact he has just got really excrement or a bit of both?

How is it harsh, he is a striker who has only scored 4 goals in 50 games earning us something like 2 points, so I agree he is really excrement and lacks commitment.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 109
grimsby pete
February 17, 2018, 7:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from barralad

No but it struck me as strange that it was deemed a good move during a game the players needed the backing in at a time when Town were pretty much on top.

I bet you were sitting on the edge of your seat with all the excitment Ian,

Get real man we were OK 1st half without looking dangerous,

2nd half was very poor and the amount of fans that paid good money to be there deserved to see at least a bit of effort,

Apart from 2 or 3  players none of the rest deserved any support whatsoever.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 109
MarinerMart
February 17, 2018, 7:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
What we need is go get new man in soon as possible so he can see how poor the squad is. Hopefully we avoid the drop and he can then have a busy summet building an entirely new squad as no one can do anything with garbage we have now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 109
Ipswin
February 17, 2018, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I missed the Vernon making male masturbator signs moment as I left as soon as the second goal went in but I did hear 'you're not fit wear the shirt' directed at subs warming up down in the corner area, I though it was a bit harsh and should have been directed at those actually on the pitch. Even Vernon can't intercourse up sitting on the bench - can he?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The male masturbator sign

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.