2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
February 16, 2018, 9:52pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Scott Nielson was an absolute joy to watch on the ball... But clearly had problems with his weight and fitness. Talent wise, could have gone all the way if only  his work ethic and commitment matched!

I still maintain that if we'd managed to sign Nielson permanently after his loan, and didn't wait a month to sign Ross Hannah (wasn't the same player when he came back) that we'd have got promoted that season.

Nathan Pond was a huge loss too to be fair - if Fleetwood  hadn't have sacked Micky Mellon at the time I think Nathan would have signed for us.... Hands down the best centre half Town have had since we were relegated!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
arryarryarry
February 16, 2018, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I thought Scott Neilson was way better than Vose.  

I agree, he had a lazy look about the way he played whilst Vose was just lazy. Shame really as he could have been a very good footballer, just shows he doesn't have what it takes.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Rodley Mariner
February 16, 2018, 10:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from 75
Dom Vose can do things with a ball that none of our team can

Eat it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
ginnywings
February 16, 2018, 10:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Eat it?

LOL, as the kids say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Kris2
February 17, 2018, 12:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Seems to have had lots of problems with niggling injuries and missed games. Didn't really look the same when he did come back either. He started last season pretty well and had some good games and then he just excrement the bed completely, was out for ages and came back with more of the same immobile and ineffective play.

Not sure what happened to him. Looks like he has all the skill to do well but just hasn't managed much of a consistent run anywhere. Maybe he just doesn't have a body that can hold up to the pressure of being an athlete. Some questions about his attitude too, rumours he rubbed a few players the wrong way and didn't seem to get along with anyone much.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2018, 6:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
He thought he was better than he is. Talented? Yes. But he's at Conference level for a reason. The entertaining bit is that the Scunts paid him more than he was worth for a couple of years.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
barralad
February 17, 2018, 7:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Gave me some good memories last season. Swin rightly mentions Cambridge away where in the first half he was great but I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the home game with Stevenage where he was magnificent. Sadly too few games like that.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
moosey_club
February 17, 2018, 11:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
i think Bignot summed it up when he took over....said something along the lines of "he has had plenty of chances in his career but they were running out for him" ....

Joy to watch him when he was on it, very talented, played the game at a very slow pace...almost played in slow motion when the ball reached him..very rarely gave it away, could gain a yard of space when standing still with a drop of his shoulder .. but .. just seemed never fully interested.....even his personal appearance looked scruffy, looked like a homeless man ten years older than he was ....he is still only 25 !!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dom Vose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.