forza ivano
February 15, 2018, 10:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Croxton
Eye bulging, finger jabbing, slavering nonsense Forza. Have the decency to get to know someone before invoking the Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson cheap jibes. If you have an issue with Ipswin personal message him or is virtue signalling via your abuse of me your daily fix of self righteousness?
Ask yourself why there are far more readers of this site than posters. Herts always seemed a smart  guy but seconding your rant was disappointing to say the least. Now, back to Saturday.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to try and divert attention away from the fact that you fail to respond to the points raised nor attempt to answer the questions posed.
If your adjectives describe someone opposing casual racism, then guilty all day, and not in the least bit ashamed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 90
Croxton
February 15, 2018, 10:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Just because the word 'joke' appears in my sentence does not mean I think it remotely funny or that I defend Sampson or Ipswin. I am clearly referring to what I take to be Sampsons intentions. Surely you can see there is a big difference!
My whole point is about your own and Herts' intemperance in response. I feel like the boxing ref who tries to separate the fighters and gets clocked.
Your sneering, arrogant reference to the Ebola deaths is contemptible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 90
forza ivano
February 15, 2018, 10:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Croxton
Just because the word 'joke' appears in my sentence does not mean I think it remotely funny or that I defend Sampson or Ipswin. I am clearly referring to what I take to be Sampsons intentions. Surely you can see there is a big difference!
My whole point is about your own and Herts' intemperance in response. I feel like the boxing ref who tries to separate the fighters and gets clocked.
Your sneering, arrogant reference to the Ebola deaths is contemptible.

Eye bulging, finger jabbing slavering nonsense croxton. Didn't think you'd be so intemperate in your responses, especially if you are such a neutral , well meaning referee.
Quite how you manage to desribe a simple sentence of fact as sneering, arrogant and contemptible rather shows the weakness of your argument.
ps I note you haven't bothered to pm me, despite being good enough to advise me that that was the way to raise any concerns I might have.
Do as I say, not as I do, obviously
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 90
Mighty_Mariner
February 15, 2018, 10:54pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Define the word "joke" in relation to this. In fact look in the dictionary and let us all know when you find out a definition that says comments at the expense of others ethnicity, self esteem or feelings.    

Racism is not funny!

Last time I checked, hurting someones self esteem or feelings isn't racist!

I don't condone Sampsons comments or actions for one minute but unfortunately we live in a society where people are absolutely desperate to be offended - even if an alleged incident or comment has nothing whatsoever to do with them.  And by this I don't mean Aluko or any of the other players that made complaints!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 90
Croxton
February 15, 2018, 10:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Hyperbole? It was you who grasped at the Manning, Davidson tropes!
What questions or points raised? It is not for me to explain anything about the pathetic Sampson, about his remarks or Ipswin's post because they are not my comments. There is nothing for me to answer other than to request again that you be a little more measured when accusing fellow posters of racism. Let's not bore the backsides off everyone else with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 90
Marinerz93
February 15, 2018, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The thing with Sampsons remark to Aluko is what sort of relationship did he have with her and did he think he was being clever at the time. Sometimes the boundaries between people at work can be a grey area and people can say the most ridiculous things as throw away comments. I used to work with a lad from Birmingham who was black and he used to say to young white lads have you ever been hit by a spade and I don't mean a shovel. He would laugh his head off at the look on their faces.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 90
Croxton
February 15, 2018, 11:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
As you well know Forza, you included the ' simple sentence of fact' as a device to guilt/ shock/ remind the Fishy family of an enormous tragedy which was never traduced by me.  A device which you hoped would put you on the higher moral ground. My device, the 'eye bulging' nonsense was intended to get you to reflect on how you seem to come across.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 90
Grantley
February 15, 2018, 11:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Croxton
As you well know Forza, you included the ' simple sentence of fact' as a device to guilt/ shock/ remind the Fishy family of an enormous tragedy which was never traduced by me.  A device which you hoped would put you on the higher moral ground. My device, the 'eye bulging' nonsense was intended to get you to reflect on how you seem to come across.

Weird old man.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 90
Rick12
February 16, 2018, 6:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Grantley

Weird old man.
Hes just giving his opinion Grantley and to be fair to him comes across as quite intelligent

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 90
HertsGTFC
February 16, 2018, 7:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Read up on the equalities act it will tell you pretty much all you know about this situation and why Sampson”s comments over stepped the mark.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Sampson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.