2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Earnyourstripes
February 15, 2018, 1:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -67
Gold Stars: 1
I dont think on refletion that the club should gamble on a manager without experience at or above leagfue 2.
Why should we put the club at further risk, it is already in a dangerous position, ballanced on the edge of the Vanaramma cliff!
Go with experience and get some stability and good football to give the supporters some faith in our great club!
Unfortunately for Fenty that might not be the cheap option so we will have to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mallyner
February 15, 2018, 1:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Earnyourstripes
I dont think on refletion that the club should gamble on a manager without experience at or above leagfue 2.
Why should we put the club at further risk, it is already in a dangerous position, ballanced on the edge of the Vanaramma cliff!
Go with experience and get some stability and good football to give the supporters some faith in our great club!
Unfortunately for Fenty that might not be the cheap option so we will have to see.

One good thing is that manager of the Tilted Barrel who once applied for the Town job, seems to have dissapeered.    

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
BIGChris
February 15, 2018, 2:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Everyone is a gamble.

Go for experience? Like Russell Slade perhaps.

The thing is there is no magic wand
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
wiggers
February 15, 2018, 2:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Any Managerial appointment is a gamble, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Whoever gets the job is going to have to attract a number of good quality players to the club, something that Slade struggled to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
GrimRob
February 15, 2018, 2:24pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Earnyourstripes

Buckley I, Hurst and Slade I were all successful coming from non-league. Bignott might well have been given more time, he didn't really fail as such. Personally I'd rather an up and coming manager than a failed has-been.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 19
1mickylyons
February 15, 2018, 2:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Whoever comes in needs to bring a broom have a clean sweep and then impose a proper footballing philosophy a blueprint for GTFC going forward and it must include recruitment and development of local players at the heart of it. Nearly all Town fans would buy into that even if it meant a few years of cutting cloth to enable the build. Now having said all that firstly we need to ensure League 2 football is being played here come August so this is not a straight forward appointment. I think we should try and get over the line with an interim boss short term then the minute the Season ends do a proper recruitment and get in the right body the best available candidate at whatever the cost.JF speaks about footballing fortune and that can come in many different ways how good would it be to sell a couple of homegrown Omar Bogle`s and have a cup run to boost the coffers.Do your homework John and get a football man like Buckley on board to help oversee and actually listen to his advice.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
fleabag1970
February 15, 2018, 3:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I think if Brown gets the job we will be fine this season . It's the rebuild next season that worries me .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Johnnyc66
February 15, 2018, 3:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Beware another Mike Newell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Tinymariner
February 15, 2018, 3:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Johnnyc66
Beware another Mike Newell

Beware another Bignot.
Beware another Slade. The list could go on, we just have to hope the person who gets the job can do a job. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Garth
February 15, 2018, 3:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from fleabag1970
I think if Brown gets the job we will be fine this season . It's the rebuild next season that worries me .

Its a temptation because its a name, does not always work though look at Dave Jones at Hartlepool it can be a costly failure, I would not want to do the choosing as everyone thinks differently.
Common sense is we see what Wilki can do, and then panic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No Gamble for Me

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.