Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I believe paul Wilkinson is being given 2 games
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

I believe paul Wilkinson is being given 2 games

This thread currently has 5,719 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimal
February 14, 2018, 3:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Obviously Paul Wilkinson was given the option of taking the reins until a new manager is installed, so surely he must have confidence in his own ability to take it on, he could easily have walked away.It's now up to us the fans to get behind  him whilst he's in charge.I wish him the best of luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
moosey_club
February 14, 2018, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Well as the club has received a "mountain" of applications and they may also be approaching identified targets before they begin their "competitive" selection process then i would be highly surprised to see anyone in place for 3-4 weeks.

And all the while if Wilko produces a few results in the meantime and some aesthetically improved performances they may just stick with him til the end of the season at least.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Garth
February 14, 2018, 4:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
[quote=120845]He was a great player for Town why should he be given a chance to become the manager? Just being a bit “devils advocate” but I’m not sure what value he has added since he joined the coaching staff[/quote]

I suppose the same could be said about Hurst, it seemed that Scott did all the interviews and looked the senior of the two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
chipsandgravy
February 14, 2018, 4:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Personlly I am extremely fearful of relegation based on a hotch potch of a team which has an all too familiar feeling to the last time it happened. I will be rooting for Wilkie without doubt but personally feel we can't faff about with an untried manager with this team. Therefore go and get a manager dont leave it to see who applies we haven't got the games for that - McCall would be my ideal choice but realistically probably one from Derry/Brown/Askey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Zmariner
February 14, 2018, 4:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Simply Bssed on results and draws will relegate us
Not fussed about style get us a couple of wins, the squad is shite and so this will be an achievement utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
chaos33
February 14, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I'm with Herts. I want a new manager ASAP. I hope Wilkinson gets us a win on Saturday but I haven't seen or heard anything from him since he's been back to make me think he shouldn't have gone with Slade.

He has played his part in a failed management arrangement and the squad is an utter mish mash of mostly poor to average players at this level. He coaches them and has input into signings. We'll need a good manager to turn the players into a team that wins enough points to get safe as quickly as possible. We've already wasted a few weeks failing to make changes and points have been easily lost, so I don't really feel we should worry too much about 'giving Wilkinson enough time to prove himself', as harsh as that seems. We have to do right by the club first and foremost.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Marinerz93
February 14, 2018, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I really hope that Wilkie can get the players motivated and claim as many points as possible, 1st thing on the want list for me is safety, go get as many points as you can lads.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
MuddyWaters
February 14, 2018, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
New manager asap for me. If PW wanted the job, I would have expected some kind of interview by now stating that he wants to make the most of the opportunity.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 14, 2018, 6:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
New manager asap for me. If PW wanted the job, I would have expected some kind of interview by now stating that he wants to make the most of the opportunity.

Patience. Actions speak louder than words.

What purpose would a patronising interview about what he intends to do serve just now? We have had more than enough of trite, meaningless, "all in it together", "squad is positive", "fans mean a lot to the management" type of claptrap rubbish interviews in recent weeks in the media. Surely any adult with a brain takes it as read that the bloke is keen, enthusiastic, loves his hometown club and wants to make the most of the chance. Who needs him to waste time saying it to a camera? In any case as soon as anyone at this club comes out with any sort of comment, it usually gets twisted back to front and hammered on social media or on here by nitpickers. Hardly encourages honesty.

As a fan I am quite happy that PW has kept his trap shut and is getting on with the job of preparing for Saturday. Maybe he is just showing some brains and common sense. A few words on Friday would be more than enough but even if he doesn't it would not bother me. Saturday's scoreline will tell me a lot more than a few remarks on iFollow.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Ipswin
February 14, 2018, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club
Well as the club has received a "mountain" of applications and they may also be approaching identified targets before they begin their "competitive" selection process then i would be highly surprised to see anyone in place for 3-4 weeks.

And all the while if Wilko produces a few results in the meantime and some aesthetically improved performances they may just stick with him til the end of the season at least.

Hope so.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I believe paul Wilkinson is being given 2 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.