February 14, 2018, 10:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Private Message
February 14, 2018, 10:50am
Guest User
Good move by the Club. I still feel they could have gone cheaper to try and recover some of those fans that have disappeared over recent months.

I’m not convinced that these prices will have a huge impact on the gate unless.......There is a New Manager in place for that game.

UTM
Reply: 1 - 24
davmariner
February 14, 2018, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 79
I think it’s an EFL initiative rather than the club’s.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
moosey_club
February 14, 2018, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Devaluing the product...whatever next.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 14, 2018, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 178
The idea that Notts county had was brilliant (imho)

£2 a ticket and a near full house, high club shop sales, bars/food busy

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
dapperz fun pub
February 14, 2018, 11:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The idea that Notts county had was brilliant (imho)

£2 a ticket and a near full house, high club shop sales, bars/food busy

A good idea yes but vast difference in capacity so a real winner for them not so much for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
jock dock tower
February 14, 2018, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Bradford City have been struggling of late, and their home record is almost on a par with ours, yet they still get just under 20,000 for their home games because of their radical pricing scheme.

Town need every point they can get. They should, theoretically, do much better with a packed house behind them every home game. Slash the prices to 50% of normal entry and pack them in.

Season ticket holders may feel aggreived at this, but it's for the benefit of the club in the long run. To counteract any such criticism ensure that current season ticket holders get a discount next season. Barmy? The difference between the amount sold if we're back in the National League, as compared to a team that has stayed in the Football League, and started to win back the hearts and minds of fans would be immeasurable. Just do it.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Davec
February 14, 2018, 11:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
As said before I can't see it making too much of a difference to the gate and the club won't make as much money as they would have done if they had charged full. You got to remember there is still a negative atmosphere around the club and we are in horrendous form, It will take more than cheap tickets to boost the attendance, a new manager will boost it even more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 14, 2018, 11:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

A good idea yes but vast difference in capacity so a real winner for them not so much for us

See your point mate, but 4000 extra on the gate (or whatever) would be great. £2 a ticket agree is too low, £5 would be about right

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
1mickylyons
February 14, 2018, 11:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
damned if they do damned if they don`t we have been over this countless times over the year`s and when the facts and figures are tallied up it`s surprising but it usually adds no more than 1k on even at £5.Totally the right thing to do but grossly unfair on STH and I hope the Club lay on some free buses for them to an away game to thank them for their support.In this area there are a lot of low income families and former Town fans who might be able to come and bring a kid to this game now at £12.I hope we see a massive turnout but historically it will add between 500-1k to the gate which still could make hell of a difference if the team can play well.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pack the Park Iniative

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.