2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
BPMariner
February 13, 2018, 11:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Excellent interview with him on Mariners Player. Talks with a lot of passion and talks a lot of sense for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
February 13, 2018, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from BPMariner
Excellent interview with him on Mariners Player. Talks with a lot of passion and talks a lot of sense for me.

Also says RS was a very hard worker and he didn't lose the players........just saying.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Mikey_345
February 13, 2018, 11:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
A few interesting veiled digs at Bignot in there as well.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Davec
February 14, 2018, 6:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I don't subscribe to ifollow, would anybody be kind enough to provide a breakdown on what he said please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
moosey_club
February 14, 2018, 8:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Davec
I don't subscribe to ifollow, would anybody be kind enough to provide a breakdown on what he said please.

Only guessing...

been unlucky at times.......hard to put a finger on it........players are together.......players have to stand up.......excellent team spirit........working hard ........Wilko is great....

Will watch it in a minute with my dabber poised and update

POST WATCHING UPDATE !

JM - gaffa worked really hard and was a good man, its not nice, but i can see both sides why he has gone. Has known others here who havnt put half as much effort in.
JM - he had not lost the dressing room
JM - focus on working hard to turn it around now, needs to happen not just keep saying week after week we are trying to
JM - no cliques, no bad atmosphere, players still keen to get into training (unlike under some other managers)  ...just hasnt gone for us at times
JM - feels strange that when he limped out of his last game it felt like we were on the verge of playoffs and now we have fallen very quickly. (Not sure if he was trying to blow his own trumpet there or pointing out it cant be his fault we have been losing !! )

JM - started kicking the ball now, another week maybe two before ready, glad to get away from Dave Moore and the rowing machine (he did laugh at that point)

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Kris2
February 14, 2018, 11:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
We get it James, you were happy when you were part of the clique and always guaranteed to be #1 choice and when that was taken away from you by Bignot you didn't like it. He's long gone so stop taking swipes at him lol.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
1mickylyons
February 14, 2018, 11:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I have only realised how good he is since he went out of the team we would have had more points on the board with him in goal and that`s a fact.Hurry up back Macca
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
ex-merseymariner
February 14, 2018, 11:54am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I have only realised how good he is since he went out of the team we would have had more points on the board with him in goal and that`s a fact.Hurry up back Macca

It's not a fact though. It's a view.   We have lost games due to lack of goals and poor predictable tactics. Even with de gea in goal we would have struggled under Slade.    But agree we need macca back!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
1mickylyons
February 14, 2018, 12:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

It's not a fact though. It's a view.   We have lost games due to lack of goals and poor predictable tactics. Even with de gea in goal we would have struggled under Slade.    But agree we need macca back!

Not my favourite keeper by a long shot but since he`s been here costs us 2-3 gaffes per season but more than makes up for that by winning us games with clean sheets etc .In the conference he was usually worth an extra 10 points for example the Swindon home game which we won he made 2-3 great saves at a critical time.Other than the one season of Mildenhall Town haven`t had a really commanding keeper since Davidson but Macca and Coyne both great shot stoppers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Gaffer58
February 14, 2018, 3:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Looking at the stats I would say that although we seem to concede a fair amount of goals our real problem is the other end, we just know that once we go one down it will usually mean a loss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James McKeown interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.