Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Manager A Good Job?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

GTFC Manager A Good Job?

This thread currently has 3,821 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 13, 2018, 11:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

You see I see that as a huge positive. We are not particularly into the Theatre, the Opera or the Ballet but what the local community have is spirit, spirit if harnessed correctly that gives this football club a huge lift.

The warts n all run down remote nature of the area gives a huge boost to the passion that the fans can create.

My message to the board (not that they listen) is

USE IT, DO NOT ABUSE IT!

Don't know about that. Whenever anything like that comes to town it's sold out. The Grimsby area has quite a big tradition in 'the Arts', both watching and performing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
arryarryarry
February 14, 2018, 1:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Dan
It's literally the worst job available in the football league. We are the most at risk club of a devastating relegation with a candidacy. We are in one of the most deprived areas of the country. The fans and the board at are each others throats. There is no obvious signs of any investment. Our team is disjointed and mediocre at best. The transfer window has closed. There'd be no money to get anyone even if it wasn't. The contract on offer is only 6 months rolling, meaning the person coming in has no guarantees for them or their family. We've also been through 2 managers in less than a year.  Our stadium is crumbling. Our fanbase have hounded out successful managers and players. None of this makes us an attractive proposition.

Cobblers
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
mariner83
February 14, 2018, 7:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Cobblers

No, Mariners.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Manager A Good Job?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.