Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Fenty want to win the fans back.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 341 Guests

If Fenty want to win the fans back.......

This thread currently has 6,565 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 1:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
One more thing to add to my conspiracy theory ADF anyone seen him spouting lately and who was it who brought up Freemo second time around? Not one usually associated with keeping quiet I expect he will be on the front of the telewag soon enough giving it the v for victory and telling us all the Club should have listened to him years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 1:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think the clue about the quality of the feasability studies is in the great expense it cost the club. Other people with far more knowledge than I have, have questioned the criteria of these studies.

We've tried to put 2 grounds where they were always going to receive huge opposition, that's not the councils fault. It needs to be built as part of regenerating the town. Others have said the enabling development does not have to be attached to the ground.
Councils are shite, but I think there is a bigger problem here.

I distinctly remember hearing or reading at the time of Great Coates that it was the BEST available site at that time.I mean come on it annoyed me to the degree if a sites deemed the best available it should breeze through any planning application through the council cos they are the girl privates who rubber stamped the site in the first place.For this to happen twice GTFC should be taking legal action. I live right on PP and would put up with any thing just to see the ground built.In my opinion is it the best available site NO. However two costly feasibility studies later it was deemed by parties including the Council that this was indeed the best place.The Football Club Fenty and all are many things but they are not to blame for this shambles.30 flipping YEARS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
Cloudy
February 13, 2018, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I distinctly remember hearing or reading at the time of Great Coates that it was the BEST available site at that time.I mean come on it annoyed me to the degree if a sites deemed the best available it should breeze through any planning application through the council cos they are the girl privates who rubber stamped the site in the first place.For this to happen twice GTFC should be taking legal action. I live right on PP and would put up with any thing just to see the ground built.In my opinion is it the best available site NO. However two costly feasibility studies later it was deemed by parties including the Council that this was indeed the best place.The Football Club Fenty and all are many things but they are not to blame for this shambles.30 flipping YEARS

It might well be the best site but it is down to the club to get the financial package together and they have, perhaps understandably failed to deliver this
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

It might well be the best site but it is down to the club to get the financial package together and they have, perhaps understandably failed to deliver this

In the present climate housing aside not a lot you can do to bring in finances I mean retail is now going more and more online.There are huge chunks of money available in grants for regeneration PP probably would not have qualified for any of this but Freemo/Docks will. I know one thing any new plans that get submitted should include a Traveller camp save a fortune on any roadwork and planning permission would sail through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
TAGG
February 13, 2018, 1:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
If Fenty want to win the fans back.......

He should leave the club and take his loans with him.....

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
grimsby pete
February 13, 2018, 2:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
As a big thank you to the fans for sticking with the club under Slade's poor management ,

For the next home game against Exeter the following prices will be,

1,  £10 ADULT ADMISSION

2.   £5 OAP

3.  £1  KIDS

4. One free drink to all fans.

5. Voucher for  £5 to be spent in club shop.

That's the least you deserve for having to watch such crap this season.

My thoughts might not be the same as the boards, unless you hear different.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
golfer
February 13, 2018, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I`m loathe to defend him but what can he do in terms of taking it forward without a new ground? Nobody will invest in BP BUT they might invest in GTFC if they have said stadium I can`t see what he can do barring bits and pieces to pacify the likes of you and I who are caning him for his past errors?

Spot on. The mans not made of money and it is obvious that he can't keep putting money in.The club owes him £2million plus so if there is any chance of him getting it back he is not going anywhere-would you? If the new ground falls through 100% and there is no other way that he will get his money back then I think for his love of the club he will write his loans off and walk as long as a suitable replacement comes along. While the new ground is still in the pipeline he is going nowhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
friskneymariner
February 13, 2018, 4:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Joint council venture with the club to redevelop area round Freeman Street ,use Carrow Road as example.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
MuddyWaters
February 13, 2018, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from friskneymariner
Joint council venture with the club to redevelop area round Freeman Street ,use Carrow Road as example.

Agree to an extent as in it's a good set-up. The difference being the relative attraction & wealth in the Norwich area.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
barrattstandman
February 13, 2018, 4:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Has JF , the Council , or the developers actually said PP is dead ?  Only people on here , because it’s gone very quiet . There may be a reason for this probably it may be announced that it is going ahead leaving it too late for the local nimbys to stop it. Hopefully this is the case for we can’t go back to square one again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Fenty want to win the fans back.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.