Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Fenty want to win the fans back.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 287 Guests

If Fenty want to win the fans back.......

This thread currently has 6,557 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Shilts
February 13, 2018, 8:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
........He could do a lot worse than this guy.

Graham Potter.

Has he been mentioned anywhere already? Might be out of our reach, but worth an ask surely. Move heaven and earth to get him here. Got the required Boston connection too!

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....rsenal-europa-league

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
February 13, 2018, 9:16am
Guest User
Potter is doing a fantastic job, agree he will be out of our reach. He'll get an opportunity at a forward thinking stable club with potential, and that isn't us.

John Fenty cannot win the fans back, that ship has sailed based on 14 years of acute pain. It's best for all of us if he exits as soon as possible.
Reply: 1 - 57
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 9:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 75
Potter is doing a fantastic job, agree he will be out of our reach. He'll get an opportunity at a forward thinking stable club with potential, and that isn't us.

John Fenty cannot win the fans back, that ship has sailed based on 14 years of acute pain. It's best for all of us if he exits as soon as possible.

John Fenty CAN win the fans back but I totally agree it`s very unlikely to happen unless he delivers a new ground and Championship football in a very short space of time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
Cloudy
February 13, 2018, 9:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 1mickylyons

John Fenty CAN win the fans back but I totally agree it`s very unlikely to happen unless he delivers a new ground and Championship football in a very short space of time.

Dont think that will work because neither of those are going to happen.

What the CLUB needs to consider is how to be more inclusive. The only way i can see that happening is for Fenty to appoint a genuine CEO with power and clout to actually engage, work with the fans and change the club/fan relationship.

I honestly dont see Fenty doing so himself because even if he started to say the right things, very few would buy in to it because of a distinct lack of trust regarding his value of the supporters.

Just my opinion as always and others may disagree
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Cloudy

Dont think that will work because neither of those are going to happen.

What the CLUB needs to consider is how to be more inclusive. The only way i can see that happening is for Fenty to appoint a genuine CEO with power and clout to actually engage, work with the fans and change the club/fan relationship.

I honestly dont see Fenty doing so himself because even if he started to say the right things, very few would buy in to it because of a distinct lack of trust regarding his value of the supporters.

Just my opinion as always and others may disagree

Likewise I don`t see it happening either and due to the money in the game I can`t really see Grimsby getting anywhere near the Championship for a long time that`s nowt against Fenty by the way just we have to be realistic.However I hope against all hope we get one or both because that`s football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
February 13, 2018, 9:38am
Guest User
I grew up watching town compete in the championship for the most part. Great days, although it’s easy to remember through rose tinted glasses, it was mostly a struggle to stay in the division. But we played some great stuff, we had no right to see Town play football of that standard.

However, times have changed. Rumours are Bogle who is a fringe player at that level is on 15k a week, £15m transfers etc. I don’t think we can realistically hope to see those days again, but Burton managed it so you never know.

But you need to have a proper infrastructure, we certainly haven’t. Poor youth facilities, poor scouting network, we don’t give youth a chance, no real ethos. We are not set up to succeed, we are set up to firefight constantly.

We need change at the top.
Reply: 5 - 57
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2018, 9:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
He’s openly stated he wants out, all efforts from him should be to concentrate on a safe exit strategy which doesn’t harm the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
Vance Warner
February 13, 2018, 9:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A new ground in the wrong place could actually be the final nail in his legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
headingly_mariner
February 13, 2018, 9:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
He won't win the fans back, he could, but he won't.

Potter won't come, any suggestion he will is crazy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
promotion plaice
February 13, 2018, 9:53am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from 75
I grew up watching town compete in the championship for the most part. Great days, although it’s easy to remember through rose tinted glasses, it was mostly a struggle to stay in the division. But we played some great stuff, we had no right to see Town play football of that standard.

However, times have changed. Rumours are Bogle who is a fringe player at that level is on 15k a week, £15m transfers etc. I don’t think we can realistically hope to see those days again, but Burton managed it so you never know.

But you need to have a proper infrastructure, we certainly haven’t. Poor youth facilities, poor scouting network, we don’t give youth a chance, no real ethos. We are not set up to succeed, we are set up to firefight constantly.

We need change at the top.

Top and bottom is.......we need a new stadium that would strengthen our financial future and write off Mr Fenty's loan.

Then hopefully we can more than compete financially with our rivals and enjoy some good times again with or without JF.

This obviously assumes we hang on to our league status.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Fenty want to win the fans back.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.