4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
February 13, 2018, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Tell me to keep my nose out if you want Les, but would you be travelling solo?

The reason I ask is that I'm in the middle of a divorce and my daughter is pushing me to get away on a holiday somewhere to get me out of the doldrums

She went on a Caribbean cruise last year with her boyfriend and had a great time and has already booked one for next year and has told me that a cruise would probably suit me

As I've just "celebrated" 25 years of marriage, going on a holiday just by myself is a bit daunting to be honest, but a cruise might just be the answer, seeing different places and meeting other folk too

I'm not fussed about the far flung destinations but maybe one around the Med or one up around the Baltic might suit me....

I have a feeling though that they hit you with extra costs / surcharges, hence my initial question. Or are the lines now tapping in to the singles market rather than just couples?

If anyone has done a cruise by themselves I'd be interested to know... I don't mind mixing with people but also would want to avoid getting stuck on a singles table next to someone you can't get on with

Don't ask for much do I?  

Not 100% sure yet. I'm going to ask my brother, who lives in Surrey, if he'd be interested. If he's not, then yes I would still look at going on my own. I'll let you know. Any yes, most sites I've looked at do charge a lot extra for single occupancy.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
ginnywings
February 13, 2018, 10:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
The one we were looking at recently was 2 for the price of 1, so i imagine they just want to hire out the cabins, and figure that 2 people in a cabin only costs them a bit extra in grub and bits and bobs, but there are 2 people spending on the boat to more than offset that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2018, 8:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Tell me to keep my nose out if you want Les, but would you be travelling solo?

The reason I ask is that I'm in the middle of a divorce and my daughter is pushing me to get away on a holiday somewhere to get me out of the doldrums

She went on a Caribbean cruise last year with her boyfriend and had a great time and has already booked one for next year and has told me that a cruise would probably suit me

As I've just "celebrated" 25 years of marriage, going on a holiday just by myself is a bit daunting to be honest, but a cruise might just be the answer, seeing different places and meeting other folk too

I'm not fussed about the far flung destinations but maybe one around the Med or one up around the Baltic might suit me....

I have a feeling though that they hit you with extra costs / surcharges, hence my initial question. Or are the lines now tapping in to the singles market rather than just couples?

If anyone has done a cruise by themselves I'd be interested to know... I don't mind mixing with people but also would want to avoid getting stuck on a singles table next to someone you can't get on with

Don't ask for much do I?  

I'll be buggered if I go cruising on my own.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
ginnywings
February 14, 2018, 10:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I see what you did there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Grim74
February 15, 2018, 8:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Slightly of topic but has anyone got any experience in the stock market? reason being due to my pathetic pension plan I have been doing a bit of research on the stock market regarding long term investments, admittedly I'm a total novice but the one area that has caught my eye is the cruise line industry, although the cruise operators share of the travel industry is relatively small at present, they're very likely to grow because of our ageing population with an increase in longevity, hitting the 120 mark will not be uncommon in years to come, and what do old people want to do.....Go on a cruise.

Take this thread for example I bet you're all cracking on a bit, I'm not quite there yet so I've no interest at all in cruising but another ten years or so I could easily see myself on one, so what do you reckon savvy idea or to much risk?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
FishOutOfWater
February 15, 2018, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'll be buggered if I go cruising on my own.

And there was me thinking I'd be safe enough if I just stayed away from the porthole KM  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 33
FishOutOfWater
February 15, 2018, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
Slightly of topic but has anyone got any experience in the stock market? reason being due to my pathetic pension plan I have been doing a bit of research on the stock market regarding long term investments, admittedly I'm a total novice but the one area that has caught my eye is the cruise line industry, although the cruise operators share of the travel industry is relatively small at present, they're very likely to grow because of our ageing population with an increase in longevity, hitting the 120 mark will not be uncommon in years to come, and what do old people want to do.....Go on a cruise.

Take this thread for example I bet you're all cracking on a bit, I'm not quite there yet so I've no interest at all in cruising but another ten years or so I could easily see myself on one, so what do you reckon savvy idea or to much risk?

Cheeky young whipper-snapper.... age is all relative!

I might be of interest to an 80 year old cougar if I do get to go cruising  

As for stock market investments..... I don't think the likes of us plebs are ever going to make any money on the market.

IF your shares appreciate and you do get a chance to sell for a profit, by the time the commissions etc. have come out, the only winners usually are the financial institutions. Just ask Sid!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 33
FishOutOfWater
February 15, 2018, 1:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I see what you did there.

Careful you don't get accused of voyeurism    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 33
ginnywings
February 15, 2018, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Careful you don't get accused of voyeurism    

I can't even spell voyeurism........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
LH
February 15, 2018, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from ginnywings

I can't even spell voyeurism........

That won’t wash with the CPS.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cruises

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.