Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley - 7 day approach
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 364 Guests

Cowley - 7 day approach

This thread currently has 8,995 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
February 12, 2018, 6:09pm
Guest User
Just sat having a coffee prior to training in Boston. One of the girls dads, who is a Lincoln supporter, reckons that there is talk in Lincoln that Grimsby are about to put in a 7 day approach for Nicky Cowley, brother of Danny Cowley.

I told him no chance that he wouldn’t quit on his brother

He replied, why wouldn’t Nicky Cowley have the same aspirations to be the top man just like his brother Danny.

Interesting thought, but I can’t see it personally
Hagrid
February 12, 2018, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
You have to ask yourself/ and i hate saying this- why would either come here. At this moment in time lincoln are bigger than us, huge crowds and they have wembley coming up. It just wont happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
TAGG
February 12, 2018, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from 120790
Just sat having a coffee prior to training in Boston. One of the girls dads, who is a Lincoln supporter, reckons that there is talk in Lincoln that Grimsby are about to put in a 7 day approach for Nicky Cowley, brother of Danny Cowley.

I told him no chance that he wouldn’t quit on his brother

He replied, why wouldn’t Nicky Cowley have the same aspirations to be the top man just like his brother Danny.

Interesting thought, but I can’t see it personally

😂😂😂😂😂

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
February 12, 2018, 6:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid
You have to ask yourself/ and i hate saying this- why would either come here. At this moment in time lincoln are bigger than us, huge crowds and they have wembley coming up. It just wont happen

I agree completely. Unless Nicky has ambition to be a number 1, like this geezer is suggesting

I can’t think of any reason why Danny wouldn’t want to see his brother progress to the job as main manager either, come to think of it. It’s natural that you want to see your siblings go as far as they can.

Can’t ever imagine them not working together though, can you?
Reply: 3 - 43
Gaffer58
February 12, 2018, 6:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Talking to a Lincoln fan this morning and had him worried when I told him there was a press conference at BP today, announcement that the Cowley's  were coming to Grimsby, they said it was a step up to a bigger club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
Mikey_345
February 12, 2018, 6:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,270
Gold Stars: 95
Don’t know how true. But logically you could see that he might one day want to step out of his brothers shadow.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we at least ask the question..... dont think we would like the answer though!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
ginnywings
February 12, 2018, 6:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Nothing would surprise me in football, especially at this club. Would be just like us to sign the wrong brother.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 12, 2018, 6:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from ginnywings
Nothing would surprise me in football, especially at this club. Would be just like us to sign the wrong brother.

Well we got Dave instead of Frank (could have been Bob though!) and Mitch instead of Danny but on the plus side we get the best Futch in Paul rather than Ron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
TownSNAFU5
February 12, 2018, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Steve McLaren was an innovative coach and no 2 to Alex Ferguson. On a really good number.  He then left to be a manager - so you never know.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
supertown
February 12, 2018, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Steve McLaren was an innovative coach and no 2 to Alex Ferguson. On a really good number.  He then left to be a manager - so you never know.  

A shite one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley - 7 day approach

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.