Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › There's a John Fenty interview!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 148 Guests

There's a John Fenty interview!

This thread currently has 6,750 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 12, 2018, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Apparently available on iFollow - if there's any subscribers out there!
Private Message
ginnywings
February 12, 2018, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Had Mariners Player but found iFollow to be garbage and don't subscribe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 12, 2018, 5:46pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
It's a decent interview to be fair i used to give people my username did it before but they cottoned on and I got it banned haha.

Basically says they has been a couple of decent applicants for the new job and the usual merry go round mangers looking for a job.
He's asked for the fans to get behind the team for the remaining fixtures this season and support Wilkinson on Saturday. He seemed a lot more relaxed than his last few interviews like a burden has gone.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
Mariner_09
February 12, 2018, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
He said:

- it was a difficult decision.
- that hard work is all well and good but sometimes it isn't enough.
- we haven't had "lady luck" in recent weeks and that the penalty decision was questionable on Saturday.
- Slade cannot say that the board haven't given him time to turn things around but the form has been too poor. He added that fans want "knee jerk reactions" and the board has to "hold its cool".
- They've had a whole raft of applications, they're going through them and, interestingly, will proceed to making approaches for permission to speak to candidates.
- said he didn't reveal the length of contract because sections of the media "ridiculed" a 6 month rolling contract suggesting it didn't give suitable protection.
- he said it works for the club and he's had nightmares with managers on 3 year contracts and he has never known a manager turn down an appointment because of a rolling contract.
- he said the atmosphere against Cheltenham was better, the Fenty out stuff was channelled in the right manner it and needed to be maintained so results would improve.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
arryarryarry
February 12, 2018, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Just watched it, not always his biggest fan but I thought in the main it was a good interview.

I agree with him that now is the time for all fans to get behind the club at this difficult time starting at Cambridge and to try to spur the players on to get the points we need as soon as possible
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2018, 5:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Looks like he's had a difficult few days.

Good to hear from him on what's gone on.

Some weird stuff about the media and contracts. Why can't he just let stuff go? Regarding contracts I think he's probably right regarding a 6 month rolling protecting the club, but he's also too rigid to have the foresight to give someone a longer contract when they've been successful.
I'll always be getting behind the team in the ground, but I'd still like to see the board leave. Drop the debt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Mariner55
February 12, 2018, 6:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
to me, it sounds very much like he'd like Paul Wilkinson to get the job if things work out over the next game or two.  Seemed to imply the acting manager has a different "mindset" (I think that's the word he used) about managing the club.  If so, will be very interesting to see the approach on Saturday.  Fenty did make the point though - with which I agree - that until their v late pen in the first half we were much the better side.  We played decent football in rough conditions and it would have been a fair reflection had we go in one or two up.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Garth
February 12, 2018, 6:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
He also said that Wilco needed to be different in his methods to Slade, so theres a challenge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
arryarryarry
February 12, 2018, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Quoted from Mariner55
to me, it sounds very much like he'd like Paul Wilkinson to get the job if things work out over the next game or two. Seemed to imply the acting manager has a different "mindset" (I think that's the word he used) about managing the club.  If so, will be very interesting to see the approach on Saturday.  Fenty did make the point though - with which I agree - that until their v late pen in the first half we were much the better side.  We played decent football in rough conditions and it would have been a fair reflection had we go in one or two up.  

I agree, came over to me as if PW has different views on to how we should set up and play. Let's hope so and I appreciate some on here wanted him gone as well as RS but  let's just see what happens on Saturday and give Paul and the players our full support.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
grimsby pete
February 12, 2018, 6:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I have said that Pauls advice might have been ignored by Slade,

I am sure it was now,

Can't wait for Saturday now , come on town !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › There's a John Fenty interview!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.