3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
February 12, 2018, 7:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Scunny for me, ever since I started in 1958!

Hated them then, still do now!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 12, 2018, 8:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Hate the scunts

There's cheltenham supporters I work with, that despise town. I do find it somewhat strange though.

A couple of FGR fans I know say that the best atmosphere they ever had for a league conference game, was the 1-0 win we had in our last season n*n lea*#e

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
jamesgtfc
February 12, 2018, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I'm 28 and don't remember a competitive game against Hull. I wish no ill on Lincoln but admit it is the closest thing to a derby we currently get.  I grew up watching the Sheffield clubs come to town and always enjoyed it when the massive Wednesday came to town.

Scunthorpe are big rivals but again, there have been very few meaningful games against them in the last 20 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
TheRealJohnLewis
February 12, 2018, 8:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Hate the scunts

There's cheltenham supporters I work with, that despise town. I do find it somewhat strange though.

A couple of FGR fans I know say that the best atmosphere they ever had for a league conference game, was the 1-0 win we had in our last season n*n lea*#e

I ginger wizard rising like a salmon.  Amazing atmosphere that game, non stop singing from start to finish.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
GYinScuntland
February 12, 2018, 9:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Sheffield, Doncaster, Barnsley.
Always tasty in the peoples republic of South Yorkshire, they always turn up at ours too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
promotion plaice
February 13, 2018, 12:22am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Scunny for me........still can't believe they carry on punching way above their weight while we punch below ours  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2018, 12:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'm 35 and after beating Hull in the League Cup in one of the first games I went to, I don't think we've played them in a competitive game. I think I like the idea of a rivalry with Hull more than the reality of it, since the reality of it doesn't exist!

Lincoln I see as more of a gentle rivalry.  It's quite a pleasant city and an innocuous footballing rival for most of my time as a fan, though probably has grown the last five to ten years.

Scunny for me still the main one.  They're a similar type of town to us:  gritty, bit down on its luck, similar size, maligned and with some decent football names associated with them, so I suppose it's them.  One of my first away games being the Paul Reece Boxing Day penalty save game is probable part of it.  That and the John Cockerill winner in front of the Pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
jock dock tower
February 13, 2018, 9:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Always Scunthorpe, end of.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
grimsby pete
February 13, 2018, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Always Scunny for me,

I do remember when  town player's could not get in our team always ended up at Scunny or Boston,

Although there was a time that us and them along with Lincoln all played in what is now the championship at the same time,

Some good derby's with good crowds,

Ah !!!  those were the days.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Les Brechin
February 13, 2018, 10:21am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
In the 80's when I first started going regularly Lincoln were a bit like an annoying little brother to be honest.

In fact if we didn't have a team in Grimsby I would probably support Lincoln over The Scunts or Mudrats even though those 2 are closer.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rivals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.