Another - Please State
  View Results 99 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Who do we fancy? New Manager Poll

This thread currently has 4,623 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
February 12, 2018, 1:27pm
Guest User
give Wilkinson a chance and get behind him and the team. UTM.
Reply: 10 - 22
Reverendmariner
February 12, 2018, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
John Askey looks interesting, but I wouldn't want him to be appointed just because he can perform miracles on no money... That would send out the wrong signals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
mariner91
February 12, 2018, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Earnyourstripes
Adrian Pennock or Chris Lucketti for me.
Both managers have always been with clubs (but not barrow) who havent been able to support the manager financially.

Is that a joke about Pennock? They were making a net loss of over £2 million a year in the Conference with him in charge and they were still generally rubbish! I'd be horrified if we appointed him. Wouldn't mind any out of McCall, Stockdale or Askey.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
davmariner
February 12, 2018, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
I don’t get the obsession with Robbie Stockdale. I’m not sure he’s done anything worthy of being given this chance. First team coach at Sunderland who have struggled for a number of years, boo hoo. He wasn’t great when he was caretaker manager there either. If we’re appointing someone based on the level they’ve been a first team coach, there are plenty in the PL/Championship we could look at instead.

He did ok as Sunderland youth coach, but again, hardly a prerequisite for being first team manager at a very different level. U23s is a completely different game.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Cloudy
February 12, 2018, 1:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from davmariner
I don’t get the obsession with Robbie Stockdale. I’m not sure he’s done anything worthy of being given this chance. First team coach at Sunderland who have struggled for a number of years, boo hoo. He wasn’t great when he was caretaker manager there either. If we’re appointing someone based on the level they’ve been a first team coach, there are plenty in the PL/Championship we could look at instead.

He did ok as Sunderland youth coach, but again, hardly a prerequisite for being first team manager at a very different level. U23s is a completely different game.

If Stockdale had never been here as a player he wouldnt get a mention.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Alfie
February 12, 2018, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Cloudy

One day in and how would you know who has applied? Just interested

Mixture of piecing together what's on here this morning, social media and tittle tattle 'out and about' there. Reckon League Two manager might be Jim Bentley at Morecambe.

John Tondeur touting for Stockdale on his behalf I am guessing. They were close when he was a player - seems odd that he'd go on the radio and say he was the outstanding candidate without a nudge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Cloudy
February 12, 2018, 2:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Alfie

Mixture of piecing together what's on here this morning, social media and tittle tattle 'out and about' there. Reckon League Two manager might be Jim Bentley at Morecambe.

John Tondeur touting for Stockdale on his behalf I am guessing. They were close when he was a player - seems odd that he'd go on the radio and say he was the outstanding candidate without a nudge.

Not quite the same as your opening post though is it!

Told Stockdale, Askey and an un-named League Two manager have all applied tentatively (anyone heard names?). Brown interested but hasn't applied direct - only through media. Apparently we're not keen. Club would speak to McCall but he isn't likely to be interested so soon after being sacked apparently.

Usual raft of applications from has-beens, ex-Town players etc. Apparently club have already shortlisted, interviews this week and are hoping to announce early next.

Don't shoot the messenger!

You said that Stockdale and Askey had applied and that the club had already shortlisted.  Lets face it it was just made it up and in fact, I put it to you that you are indeed THE messenger!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
chaos33
February 12, 2018, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Alfie
Told Stockdale, Askey and an un-named League Two manager have all applied tentatively (anyone heard names?). Brown interested but hasn't applied direct - only through media. Apparently we're not keen. Club would speak to McCall but he isn't likely to be interested so soon after being sacked apparently.

Usual raft of applications from has-beens, ex-Town players etc. Apparently club have already shortlisted, interviews this week and are hoping to announce early next.

Don't shoot the messenger!

My preference: Askey - top of conference with lowest budget. On the way up. Big emphasis on youth. Paul Hurst the second coming. Stockdale second choice but the bigger risk.

I'm not saying you're wrong or lying but that's a hell of a lot of work in the space of half a Sunday. I might suggest that you've just cobbled together some intent b0ll0cks and added 'I'm told' to make yourself look important.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
headingly_mariner
February 12, 2018, 3:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from davmariner

It's the youth and U23 coaching that is the appealing bit. We need a coach and we need someone to implement a professional set up. He should also have great knowledge of available young players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
FishFan101
February 12, 2018, 3:40pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Not sure whether it is a popular opinion or not - but would love to see McCall in charge here.

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do we fancy? New Manager Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.