ginnywings
February 13, 2018, 11:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Cloudy
Anyone heard how many tickets we have sold in advance? Will we take 500+?

Think we definitely will now. Lots going who weren't going to bother now Slade has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
GollyGTFC
February 13, 2018, 5:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Killip

Hall-Johnson
Clarke
Suliman
Dixon

Clifton
Davies
Summerfield

Wilks
Hooper
Jaiyesimi

Subs: Warrington, Mills, Osborne, Berrett, Vernam, Jackson & Vernon
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 57
Garth
February 13, 2018, 6:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Why pick McAllister in such an important game, with the best will in the World he won`t be match fit, the ideal replacement for Berrett would be Clifton who will give 100% has youth on his side and is the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
ginnywings
February 13, 2018, 7:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
What a mess. The options for Midfield are Berrett, an untried youth, or a crock who hasn't played for us for over a year. We let Osborne, Clements and Jones walk away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
grimsby pete
February 13, 2018, 7:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from ginnywings
What a mess. The options for Midfield are Berrett, an untried youth, or a crock who hasn't played for us for over a year. We let Osborne, Clements and Jones walk away.

Not we Ginny  SLADE

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
ginnywings
February 13, 2018, 7:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not we Ginny  SLADE

By we, i mean the club. It isn't all down to Slade IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
Tommy
February 13, 2018, 7:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Garth
Why pick McAllister in such an important game, with the best will in the World he won`t be match fit, the ideal replacement for Berrett would be Clifton who will give 100% has youth on his side and is the future

In all fairness, McAllister's probably more "match-fit" than Clifton having been fit for a while (as far as I know) and having played some games out on loan.

I'd be happy with either being given a chance to be honest. Maybe both. Just needs a change in there, whether it's as a 2 or 3 man central midfield. And Yeah, I'd love to see what Clifton can do in a competitive league game.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
Cayman_mariner
February 13, 2018, 8:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Tommy

In all fairness, McAllister's probably more "match-fit" than Clifton having been fit for a while (as far as I know) and having played some games out on loan.

I'd be happy with either being given a chance to be honest. Maybe both. Just needs a change in there, whether it's as a 2 or 3 man central midfield. And Yeah, I'd love to see what Clifton can do in a competitive league game.

Completely agree Tommy - would love to see Clifton or McAllister get a start -  and  maybe a statement of intent would be to recall Clements from FGR.  He'd give us another option in CM and is in their starting 11 tonight.  

Won't hold my breath though as I suspect he is just wanted off the wage bill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
Cloudy
February 13, 2018, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
[quote=90]

Completely agree Tommy - would love to see Clifton or McAllister get a start -  and  maybe a statement of intent would be to recall Clements from FGR.  He'd give us another option in CM and is in their starting 11 tonight.  

Won't hold my breath though as I suspect he is just wanted off the wage bill.[
/quote]

Clements said to be very close to the biggest earner so not surprised he was shipped out ( nor where he went too)
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 13, 2018, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
I think, given the poor quality of our midfield options, that we have to play a system which allows us to have 3 players in the centre of the park. We need to take games by the scruff of the neck, to ensure we are there to win the second ball, be able to keep possession as well as protect the defence and finally to support our supposed strike force by getting in the box and contributing the odd goal.

There is absolutely no evidence that any of this is possible with any combination of Rose, Summerfield and Berrett. Scunny season ticket holder drinks in our local and swears that when fit, which he admits is rare, McAllister is a quality player at this level, Kerr said the same at Bobby Cummings welcome home night. So for me if fit he has to start, and I would add Summerfield and Clifton.

I am hoping that Clifton will provide that youthful enthusiasm which will compensate for his lack of experience. The back is a concern as we need to add pace but we also need a cool head and against Cambridge some physicality as they had some big guys at BP. So as much as I would like to play the Villa lad think we have to stick with Clarke & Osbourne flanked by Mills and hopefully a returning Davies at left back.

Front 3 bloody difficult, big if is style Wlilko adopts, on the floor I would have Vernam floating behind Jackson and Wilks/Dembele.  More physical should call for Matt/ an other with Dembele wide. In reality our options appear limited but I am praying that some of these players are much better than we have seen so far. On that point, and maybe a little controversial, but whilst Hooper has looked a little uncommitted I personally thought he was quite decent on the ball and did actually get two goals in the few games he played. Maybe just maybe he is someone who could improve now Slade has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team v Cambridge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.