This thread currently has 9,272 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
blackandwhitelaces
February 11, 2018, 6:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +152
In my opinion Wilko deserves a chance purely because of that goal he scored against Everton I will never forget it simplistic I know but that’s me

made in cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
sonofmadeleymariner
February 11, 2018, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75
I have tried to listen / watch his interviews on IFollow but I haven't been able to get through any of them. May be unfair but he doesn't seem to have any charisma at all.

Neither did Hurst  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
scrumble
February 11, 2018, 6:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Since when did the ability to give a good interview directly relate to ability to manage a football team?

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
LH
February 11, 2018, 6:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,502
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from blackandwhitelaces
In my opinion Wilko deserves a chance purely because of that goal he scored against Everton I will never forget it simplistic I know but that’s me

Get Jevons and Kalala in the backroom staff and then one day we might actually win a cup game.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
KingstonMariner
February 11, 2018, 6:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hmmm.Tough one. Plus point, if true, he wasn't Slade's man. Negative, what's he been doing the last year?

Again, if it's true that Slade didn't pick him, what the intercourse was Fenty doing picking a key member of the manager's staff?! If Slade did pick him, you've got to wonder why he didn't go as well. Typical balls up either way.

Come Saturday I'll be cheering the team on. Suspect a lot of people will be there making a loud noise in relief if not in belief. I think the roof will be lifted if we score.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
gary_elton
February 11, 2018, 6:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 75
I'm looking forward to his first interview, let's see if I can get through it without nodding off.

Won't someone  first have to wake you up before it starts though  ? 😎

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
February 11, 2018, 6:52pm
Guest User

Neither did Hurst  

I was aware of that when I typed it!
Reply: 26 - 68
RoboCod
February 11, 2018, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Got to give him a chance, I'd say 3 or 4 games will give us an idea of what he can do with the team. Just hope he keeps it all simple, Slades big problem was that he over complicated everything, yet appeared quite scatter-brained with it.
Not remembering how many loanees we had...well Wilko can surely count so he's up on him there. Despite his rather drab interviews Wilko came out of the Matt Dean savaging unscathed (and looked embarrassed by it)  so at least we have a manager who is (hopefully) starting afresh with Radio Humbs.

I'm hopeful that he can at least get us playing functional and even rather average football, as long as it puts points on the board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 68
February 11, 2018, 6:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from scrumble
Since when did the ability to give a good interview directly relate to ability to manage a football team?

Always IMO. Communication skills are vital. You have to be able to motivate your players, to get your ideas and philosophy over to your players. If you can't articulate your thoughts, the players won't know their jobs and it all goes wrong. It doesn't matter if you are the greatest tactician in the world, if you can't get that information to your players verbally and clearly then you can't succeed.
Reply: 28 - 68
sonofmadeleymariner
February 11, 2018, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 75

Always IMO. Communication skills are vital. You have to be able to motivate your players, to get your ideas and philosophy over to your players. If you can't articulate your thoughts, the players won't know their jobs and it all goes wrong. It doesn't matter if you are the greatest tactician in the world, if you can't get that information to your players verbally and clearly then you can't succeed.

I agree Vicar, I played and coached under a great coach for about 6/7 years and he was a great coach, new his stuff from top to bottom, lived for the sport could tell you stats from the 1980s off the top of his head, would send you coaching books, send you new drill to do or help you work out what ever problem you had. However when it came to inspiring the players or giving instruction or encouragement or a bollocking. You could see them each one by one slowly switching off, he would shout when he didn't need to or would be quiet when he needed to shout.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Wilkinson's Black and White Army

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.