Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do we appoint next ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 426 Guests

Who do we appoint next ?

This thread currently has 24,147 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
February 12, 2018, 4:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Davec

Since he left Huddersfield he's had a worse win ratio than Slade

NO thank you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 148
barrattstandman
February 12, 2018, 4:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Basically everyone mentioned has been discounted which means that if any of these are manager they could well be on a loser fan wise . Let’s give over guessing and do what we do best , play football manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 148
jimgtfc
February 12, 2018, 4:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
I’m edging towards Robbie Stockdale. He knows the club and what it means to the fans but has been away from the club for long enough to be disconnected from the current regime. He seems to have a good reputation in football but I have to confess that I don’t actually know what he’s achieved statistically. Wasn’t he in charge of the youth team at Sunderland? He’s coached alongside a lot of managers there who all seemed happy to keep him on but they have plummeted as a club.

There have been a few youth lads come through the ranks at Sunderland recently, with the likes of Jordan Pickford, Duncan Watmore and Josh Maja doing well. I guess Robbie has had a helping hand in that, and I’m liking the idea of him coming in and being given the time to assemble a young, exciting squad with the potential to develop, rather than a Phil Brown type coming in and signing older players who he’s worked with before.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 148
jonnyboy82
February 12, 2018, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Why all the fuss around Robbie Stockdale? He wouldn't even be mentioned if he hadn't played for us.

Phil Brown for me if we are going experienced he has promotion from this league and and did well at hull.

If we are going up and coming then the bloke at Boston is a good shout .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 148
gaz57
February 12, 2018, 4:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

No chance of getting Steve Evans now

Home games would be interesting he spends most of his time in the stands when he's at Blundell park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 148
grimsby pete
February 12, 2018, 5:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Why all the fuss around Robbie Stockdale? He wouldn't even be mentioned if he hadn't played for us.

Phil Brown for me if we are going experienced he has promotion from this league and and did well at hull.

If we are going up and coming then the bloke at Boston is a good shout .

Do you think I stand a chance ?

I played for the juniors in the early 60's and I know the club inside out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 148
devs
February 12, 2018, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Fenty's interview implied that a few have applied who are with other clubs
He said about "approaching those clubs in the right way etc".

Good interview to be fair and explains why we go for 6 month rolling contracts

99% of those applying will be desperate to get into management or see GTFC as a step up so the length of the contract won't put them off

If we go experience I'd take Phil Brown

If we go up and coming I'd take a punt with the lad at Boston

Roll of a dice to be honest - the Cowley appt at Lincoln was a huge risk but worked out well; but several other appts of this type have gone very wrong

What we don;t need is another off the merry go round who has had years of failure and moves from job to job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 148
MacDaddy9214
February 12, 2018, 5:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +6
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

How on earth is Phil Brown anything like Slade? Slade was coming off the back of failure at multiple clubs... Brown has been somewhat successful in previous years

Have you watched any of Phil Brown's teams play? Old fashioned hoof ball what Slade got destroyed for. I know a few Southend fans who were glad he was gone....
As for fairly successful do you class his time at Southend as successful or are you going off his time with Hull?

If Fenty thought Bignot was a fruit loop. He's in for a fruity time with Brown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 148
MarinersOnTheUp
February 12, 2018, 5:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Luke Garrard from Boreham Wood with a good experienced assistant who has knowledge of the game. Probably won't happen but ah well, I'd be happy with it.

John Askey from Macc Town maybe, I know they've had problems paying wages recently so wouldn't say it's impossible but maybe not likely.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 148
AdamHaddock
February 12, 2018, 6:30pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MacDaddy9214
Neil Redfearn or Stuart McCall would be the 2 that would would be would be top of my list to come.

Phil Brown is basically the same kind of manager as Slade. And the fact he's already threw his hat in the ring smells of looking for an easy payday as Slade did.

Redfearns overall win percentage as a manager is 26%

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who do we appoint next ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.