Ipswin
February 11, 2018, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
In a dilemma about next Saturday,

Despite all the problems in what has been a shite season (I actually enjoyed Colchester incidentally thought it was quite a good performance) I am looking forward to seeing Town at Cambridge next week but do I want Town to win?

My heart says yes of course and let's face it we desperately need the points but my head says if we win then it will give Fenty the excuse to extend Slade's tenancy for a few more weeks (unless he has already gone by then, please God, please John)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
crusty ole pie
February 11, 2018, 11:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
In out state at the moment can not wish away the chance of three points, Slade his a dead man walking what ever happens he as totally lossed the support of the fans and even If we manage to survive this season, season tickets sales will be almost zero if he is still in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
GrimRob
February 11, 2018, 11:04am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
You might as well go just to voice your displeasure.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 18
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 11:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
3 points, just 3 points the rest will look after itself in due course, I hope.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
ginnywings
February 11, 2018, 11:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
It's another 6 pointer. We have lost all the recent ones, so we need to win this one for sure, or not lose at least. Can't currently see us beating Exeter the week after either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
louth_in_the_south
February 11, 2018, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
Our need for 3 points and survival is far more important than trying to get slade out now ffs . He’s going nowhere this season.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
TownSNAFU5
February 11, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I can't work out how we ever managed to deservedly beat Swindon at home.  They have already won 10 away games and up to yesterday had won 3 more away games than any other League 2 team.

A fraction of this spirit and we will win another game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2018, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Ipswin
In a dilemma about next Saturday,

Despite all the problems in what has been a shite season (I actually enjoyed Colchester incidentally thought it was quite a good performance) I am looking forward to seeing Town at Cambridge next week but do I want Town to win?

My heart says yes of course and let's face it we desperately need the points but my head says if we win then it will give Fenty the excuse to extend Slade's tenancy for a few more weeks (unless he has already gone by then, please God, please John)

Swin, it's easy. Give JF a call and ask him if Slade is getting sacked before next Saturday. If he is, come back on here and tell us and we'll all go.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
HistonMariner
February 11, 2018, 1:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +533
Gold Stars: 12
Next Saturday at Cambridge. Whatever else 3 points are paramount. We can assist - how much you can debate - by
backing those on the pitch as only the B&W Army can. Yesterday, Town were the better side for most of the first half.
I agree the best of two very ordinary sides but nevertheless the better side. Once down I’m afraid we knew the probable result.
We must start again at Cambridge - they are also in turmoil (they have started to address their problems) we should be looking to add to their problems by allievating ours (however temporary)

Last year the day I hope started well for many at “the Grimsby Pub in Cambridge”. This year the B&W Army are not so welcome at that pub...........
I have spoken to and arranged for something similiar at another pub in the village.
        The Railway Vue, 193 Station Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9NP.  01223 232426

NB. Impington is the same village as Histon. Landlord Dean will make a DONATION TO THE MARINERS TRUST.
       There is plenty of parking with good access. He will be open from 1100hrs.
       Unlike last year when I was the Landlord of that pub, this year I’ve done my best to make similiar arrangements
       at this different pub.

I hope enough energy and enthusiasm can be raised to make the day one where the new players get a taste of a
Mariner awayday, we collect 3 points and oil the rusty wheels of the B&W Army ready for an assault on Coventry.

PLUS, it would make my life in Cambridge a little easier !!! Hope to see you at the Railway Vue when I’ll bring a tenner and MAYBE buy a “Cream Soda”.
UTMM.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Ipswin
February 11, 2018, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Swin, it's easy. Give JF a call and ask him if Slade is getting sacked before next Saturday. If he is, come back on here and tell us and we'll all go.

I thought you would all go anyway, its winnable (they are as shite as we are)

I am pals with John at present but I don't want to interrupt his Sunday beef joint to ask him what 100s of others have been asking for weeks, the more we call for Slade to go the more he will dig his heels in, we know that

My guess would be if we lose at Cambridge Slade will be gone, that said I think we'll win it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Difficult choice next Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.