7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Garth
February 11, 2018, 3:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Sol Campbell is a very moody individual and would not last five minutes with the equally moody JF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
friskneymariner
February 11, 2018, 4:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
We are in a perfect storm 16 years of mismanagement and under resourcing have took their toll.Fenty your chickens are coming home to roost and you have eventually been found out.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
nightrider
February 11, 2018, 4:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from chaos33

Factually incorrect.

So someone of a poorer calibre then mate, yeah?

How is it?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
nightrider
February 11, 2018, 4:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Davec

Incorrect, both have experience at league 2 level, McCall a fair few years ago and Brown actually achieved promotion from league 2 4 years ago.

Mccall was manager of Bradford.  He managed a club with 5x the fan base
They get 20k a game

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 11, 2018, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,648
Gold Stars: 72
I am always surprised by comments re our apparent lack of a playing budget, when Bignot came in JF backed him by allowing 9 new players join the club, Slade similarly has brought in more than a team during his short stay and I have heard Managers moan about training facilities, back room staff, fitness coach but never about support in the transfer market.

Where JF makes mistakes is allowing Managers to bring in quantity rather than quality. We can have the same budget with a much smaller squad and hopefully attract better players. I would think we have a competitive budget, loads of players contracts are up, others can be paid off so I still think we are a pretty attractive option if you want to be a Manager.

Let’s be honest lots of Managers out of work, lots of coaches with over 100 full-time clubs in England plus lots of ex-players who want to be Managers some of whom will be wealthy guys in their own right so will want the job for professional reasons rather than necessity.

No idea what standards are like over in Ireland or whether there are potential managers over there who may also know where some hidden talents may also be available.

Whatever, think when we get down to selecting the new manager we should have a decent group to select from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
ginnywings
February 11, 2018, 6:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I am always surprised by comments re our apparent lack of a playing budget, when Bignot came in JF backed him by allowing 9 new players join the club, Slade similarly has brought in more than a team during his short stay and I have heard Managers moan about training facilities, back room staff, fitness coach but never about support in the transfer market.

Where JF makes mistakes is allowing Managers to bring in quantity rather than quality. We can have the same budget with a much smaller squad and hopefully attract better players. I would think we have a competitive budget, loads of players contracts are up, others can be paid off so I still think we are a pretty attractive option if you want to be a Manager.

Let’s be honest lots of Managers out of work, lots of coaches with over 100 full-time clubs in England plus lots of ex-players who want to be Managers some of whom will be wealthy guys in their own right so will want the job for professional reasons rather than necessity.

No idea what standards are like over in Ireland or whether there are potential managers over there who may also know where some hidden talents may also be available.

Whatever, think when we get down to selecting the new manager we should have a decent group to select from.

I agree and whoever comes in will have plenty of scope because the players contracted for next season only number about half a dozen i think- without checking.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
devs
February 11, 2018, 6:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
It will be a journeyman L1 or L2 foot soldier... John Sheridan?
Won't risk another Bignot type - ie: from non league, young and with potential

And all these suggestions about Shakespeare, Appleton etc...who the f*ck do people think we are?
A thriving, on the rise Championship club?!

We have no cash, a clapped out ground, 17th in L2 - get real folks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
DaleGTFC
February 11, 2018, 6:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 2
Phil Brown

As devs said, lets be realistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.