7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
February 11, 2018, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
There are some good out of work managers at present.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 67
TheRealJohnLewis
February 11, 2018, 10:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Those suggesting Davies or Collins (add to that Disley, Macca, or any other ex-player with no experience) are crackers, in my opinion, this is not the time for a gamble (I know every manager is a gamble, but less so when they actually managed a club!) when the Conference is staring us in the face.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
Ipswin
February 11, 2018, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from chaos33
There are some good out of work managers at present.

But why are they out of work? And are they that desperate to get back into work that they would want to come to GTFC and work with Fenty and old 'Shut Up'? If they have all been sacked and paid off they will all be having a nice paid rest rather than jumping into a intercourse up like Grimsby Town post Slade

At least Sol Campbell hasn't been sacked anywhere yet!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 67
mariner91
February 11, 2018, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
Long term I wouldn't  mind taking a punt on Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood. We had the right idea when appointing Bignot just unfortunately the board obviously didn't put any effort into researching what he was like because he was definitely not the right man. But a young up and coming manager who will know which players are worth snapping up from non-league would be potentially a risk worth taking.

Boreham Wood are the smallest club in the National League by some distance, not even averaging 700 at home games and as far as I'm aware they don't have a sugar daddy pumping money in. They get a bit of money from letting Arsenal use their ground for their reserves, women's team and youth team but other than that not a lot. They're currently sixth, six points behind the leaders and with a goal difference of +15. If they win their game in hand, they'll go ahead of Tranmere and only be just behind Pearson's Wrexham. Garrard has only been there for two years and he's only 32, the youngest manager in the top five divisions. When we took Bignot, Solihull were 17th and with a negative goal difference and that was after he'd been there for almost five seasons so it's not really all that surprising that he was a disaster. If we were going to go down the route of up and coming manager again, then Garrard would be my choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
headingly_mariner
February 11, 2018, 10:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I don't think most on that list would come here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 67
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Stuart McCall. Though he has been sacked after a bad run in the last 6 games or so Bradford are still in a play off position.

Whoever comes in will need to be able to set up what is in essence a set of National League players to win 14 points in 13 games.

Don't get too excited ladies & gents John will have done sweet FA to move Salde on.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
February 11, 2018, 10:40am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91
Long term I wouldn't  mind taking a punt on Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood. We had the right idea when appointing Bignot just unfortunately the board obviously didn't put any effort into researching what he was like because he was definitely not the right man. But a young up and coming manager who will know which players are worth snapping up from non-league would be potentially a risk worth taking.

Boreham Wood are the smallest club in the National League by some distance, not even averaging 700 at home games and as far as I'm aware they don't have a sugar daddy pumping money in.

But all his contacts and scouting knowledge would be southern based you'd have thought? Though that hasn't bothered the Cowley's.

I would be strongly against Sol Campbell, sick of his claims of racism. He was moaning a while back he should have captained England more than Beckham.
Reply: 16 - 67
Henryscat
February 11, 2018, 10:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I don't care who the next manager is to be quite frank as long as they play exciting attractive football and have tactical know how, can get players playing and score a illegitimate goal.

The main thing I'm bothered about is that we're looking for a new manager sooner rather than later.

The only thing keeping me relatively sane at the moment (although if you know me you'll question that!) is that Bignot was sacked on a Monday.

intercourse it UTM

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 10:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

Boreham Wood are the smallest club in the National League by some distance, not even averaging 700 at home games and as far as I'm aware they don't have a sugar daddy pumping money in. They get a bit of money from letting Arsenal use their ground for their reserves, women's team and youth team but other than that not a lot. They're currently sixth, six points behind the leaders and with a goal difference of +15. If they win their game in hand, they'll go ahead of Tranmere and only be just behind Pearson's Wrexham. Garrard has only been there for two years and he's only 32, the youngest manager in the top five divisions. When we took Bignot, Solihull were 17th and with a negative goal difference and that was after he'd been there for almost five seasons so it's not really all that surprising that he was a disaster. If we were going to go down the route of up and coming manager again, then Garrard would be my choice.

I'd take him in a shot but he wouldn't come to us Matt, why would he? whats the attraction?

Borehamwood don't have  a sugar daddy as such but they do have a couple of people behind them with a bit of cash who have been buying up the equity in the club in recent years, A colleague of mine family actually started the club and they have just sold their remaining stake, not for millions but that in itself would suggest they have plans to move forward, Though you have Stevenage, Watford and Barnet nearby that area is densly populated and could easily sustain another league club - watch this space!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
mariner91
February 11, 2018, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from 75

But all his contacts and scouting knowledge would be southern based you'd have thought? Though that hasn't bothered the Cowley's.

I would be strongly against Sol Campbell, sick of his claims of racism. He was moaning a while back he should have captained England more than Beckham.

Like you said, it hasn't stopped the Cowleys. He's been managing in the NL which is not a regional league, he'll know the players in that division and more than likely know some the level below who might be up to the job as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.