Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last 12 Matches.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 336 Guests

Last 12 Matches.

This thread currently has 3,031 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 10, 2018, 11:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from big smoke mariner
Dose Slade have any good attributes? I.e could he be put to use somewhere in the club so he doesn't have to be paid off. If a big pay off is the only reason he hasn't already been sacked could he sit behind the scenes whilest someone else comes in as manager and then Slade can do the only decnet thing a resign when he finally realises he's no good for the club.

Maybe he is a good plumber or can cut the grass?

I suspect he already knows exactly how 'good' he is for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
MarinerWY
February 10, 2018, 11:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,940
Gold Stars: 45
Most of the teams below us have 2 games in hand on us too.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
RichMariner
February 11, 2018, 12:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
By the time Fenty opens his eyes it'll be too late.

The guy was gifted a place back in the FL by a young manager on the rise. He left us in a great position and it's almost like Fenty as deliberately and systematically pulled it apart in record time while making gaffe after gaffe after gaffe along the way.

He is an utter embarrassment. The way he spoke about Asante, Bignot and the Checkatrade in those videos was an embarrassment.

The way he hired and fired Bignot when he realised he could get his mate back was an embarrassment. Our dealings in the transfer market have been an embarrassment.

This season has been an embarrassment.

The fact that he won't sack Slade isn't just an embarrassment but downright irresponsible.

He will, without doubt, go down as the worst chairman/majority shareholder to have ever run this proud football club. He has no one to blame but himself.

John Fenty is a deeply unsuccessful football man. What little positive we've ever had in his 17 years in charge has been ruined, broken or chucked out the window.

We are a club in turmoil, and he's the one that carries the can. He can't blame the fans. All we've done is continue to put money into the club without any expectation of getting it back.

He's put money into the club and expects to see it again. That's not the action of a true fan.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
SpudUDontLike
February 11, 2018, 12:40am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Played 33  two more than all of the teams below us bar one on 31, we have a goal diff of -18 worst bar two in this div.

D, L, D, L, L, L, L, D, L, L, D, L.

Worst stats by a country mile not just in our division but the whole of the football league ALL FOUR DIVISIONS.

SLADE OUT

flipping right. Enough is enough.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
moosey_club
February 11, 2018, 2:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
but...but....despite the results...

if i'm honest, we have worked hard, deserved more, been unlucky, had poor officials, have tried to put the ball into the box more than the opposition, had good possession, did i mention we have worked hard ? will turn a corner, seen it before, worked hard, we are disappointed, worked hard,denied a penalty,  if, but, worked hard, doing our best, worked hard

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
SheepGTFC
February 11, 2018, 4:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
Anyone that is not Slade Out at this point is delusional. If he stays we WILL be slipping back into non-league.

Mr Fenty, please if you want the best for the club please move Russ on. He's not the manager he was before. He is a lost cause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Mariner_09
February 11, 2018, 9:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I had wondered if it was a case of better the devil you know until yesterday but now I am utterly convinced that we will go down if Slade remains in charge.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
rancido
February 11, 2018, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
When JF owned Five Star if he had a Production Manager who failed to reach his production target for as long as Slade has gone without a win then he would have been sacked - no question. JF apply your business head and remove Slade ASAP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
cmackenzie4
February 11, 2018, 12:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from big smoke mariner
Dose Slade have any good attributes? I.e could he be put to use somewhere in the club so he doesn't have to be paid off. If a big pay off is the only reason he hasn't already been sacked could he sit behind the scenes whilest someone else comes in as manager and then Slade can do the only decnet thing a resign when he finally realises he's no good for the club.

Good idea! He’s good at building apparently so could build us some new toilets.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Gaffer58
February 11, 2018, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
If he's that good a builder get him to work on the new stadium, will save us thousands in labour costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last 12 Matches.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.