This thread currently has 3,700 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Cambs Mariner
February 10, 2018, 9:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
The time has come to take the decision to sack Mr Slade and Mr Wilkinson out of your hands. The supporters of Grimsby Town Football Club (I believe) no longer have confidence in the decision making  of you and the present members of the board.
You have spent the season making one PR gaffe after another with Bragate, Kristine, The Fans Forum, The vote of confidence for Russell, letting our better players leave and your comments which a fan recorded.
Do you remember 2010, the last time we got relegated into Non League or do you prefer to remember the Play Off Final when you were stood in the Royal Box accepting all the accolades.
It wasn't because of you that we had that moment of glory. It was because of Operation Promotion, Paul Hurst, Omar Bogle, Padraig Amond, Craig Disley .Nathan Arnold, Shaun Pearson and many more.
Yes, Paul Hurst let many of those players go but when he left he had replaced most of them with a squad who were around the play offs. If you had given him the things he wanted there was a good possibility we would have been in the play offs last season.
I did agree with the appointment of Marcus Bignot, a young and up and coming manager and do agree to a certain extent his dismissal. even though he did achieve in his first season what he set out to do which was league safety, What I don't understand is why when we were in a position to maybe get into the play offs he started going left field and we dropped down the league. Was he under instructions or was a blind eye turned? Would it have meant too much investment getting promotion?
Marcus got sacked after a win away to Blackpool. Why?
You had obviously been in contact with Mr Slade before Marcus got his marching orders because of his immediate appointment.
What made you think he was better than Marcus after his failure at his last 3 clubs?
What made you think the majority of fans would accept him the way he left us last time?
What made you give him a vote of confidence in January?
Why is he still here after no wins in 12 games?
My guess. It is all down to money, arrogance and not admitting to failure.
Or is it because we can be a big fish and have many visits to Wembley in non league?
Oh and the Parachute payments aren't too bad either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 10:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
I think fenty would like him gone but I’m told by people one on here that slades contract is long and expensive , add it to the other benign loans John
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2018, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I think fenty would like him gone but I’m told by people one on here that slades contract is long and expensive , add it to the other benign loans John

His fuckup, his debt.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2018, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

He's been employed under 2 years so cant take you to a tribunal, offer him a compromise agreement and tell him to fcuk off.

He may have a severance clause but paying it will be much less a financial loss to the club than if we go down.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
gaz57
February 10, 2018, 10:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Your managers building while your non chairman is bricking it.    UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
Cambs Mariner
February 10, 2018, 10:22pm
Snakebite drinker
If he wants him gone then he can sell his Aston Martin, snooker table, leather jacket and black jumper to do it because there is no way the club should pay for anymore of his failures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 10:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters

His fuckup, his debt.

All the other intercourse ups are the clubs debts why would this be any different ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2018, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

All the other intercourse ups are the clubs debts why would this be any different ?

Possibly because he made the sacking of Bignot and the appointment of Slade look very personal.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Cambs Mariner
February 10, 2018, 10:48pm
Snakebite drinker

Exactly. He has failed for years so his benign loans shouldn't be repaid. He put his money in because he was able to but he should have put someone in place with some footballing nous.Your mistake John not the fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
RichMariner
February 10, 2018, 10:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Possibly because he made the sacking of Bignot and the appointment of Slade look very personal.

This.

Fenty does what Fenty wants. If we had a successful manager that he didn't get on with, he'd get sacked for a lot less. He lets his personal emotions get in the way of rational thinking. He's too close to Slade.

There is absolutely no way Fenty would tolerate this run of results from any other manager. They'd have been shown the door long ago.

If it costs to get rid of Slade, pay it now - otherwise he'll be paying a higher price for being stuck in non-league (and then he'll never get his loans back).

And anyway, why does he think he should get his loans back? Us fans have been pumping hundreds of thousands of pounds into the club during his tenure... imagine if we started demanding all our investments back!

We'll start with that £110,000 we raised for Operation Promotion, John!

There's only one fruit loop and sadly he's still at the club.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.