Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I don’t think JF listens to you any more Pete 😉

It's a good job I am not a lone voice in the wilderness then Tim

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
toontown
February 10, 2018, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,261
Gold Stars: 70
Have to say that is an abysmal interview by JT - total lack of relevant questioning. Just saying 'you have to turn this around don't you' or 'you're confident you've got the players to turn it around', to which the interviewee is never, ever going to answer with anything other than 'yes, of course'. Very poor interviewing. Eg Why not ask him why he is persisting with the central midfield that has virtually no goals OR assists after however many games, when we're desperate for goals. And why  we sold nearly every midfielder we possess who can score/assist in the January window
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
FishOutOfWater
February 10, 2018, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

It's a good job I am not a lone voice in the wilderness then Tim

I think it might well be dawning on him that it’s not now just a ‘vocal minority’ that disapprove of what’s going on Pete

Will he get rid of Slade though? I still doubt it...don’t forget that he’s still got all those players to bring in this summer as he carries on with his building  🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 24
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,912
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from toontown
Have to say that is an abysmal interview by JT - total lack of relevant questioning. Just saying 'you have to turn this around don't you' or 'you're confident you've got the players to turn it around', to which the interviewee is never, ever going to answer with anything other than 'yes, of course'. Very poor interviewing. Eg Why not ask him why he is persisting with the central midfield that has virtually no goals OR assists after however many games, when we're desperate for goals. And why  we sold nearly every midfielder we possess who can score/assist in the January window

Tondeur is timid when it comes to the awkward questions much prefer Burnsy tbh but all said and done Slade is flipping useless and wilko is just as bad
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Gaffer58
February 10, 2018, 7:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
He doesn't know where his analyst is but says we had 6 attacks to their 1, plus although Slade is out of his depth so are the majority of the players, if we survive this season it will be even harder next because the players he got rid off at least got us to our points total today, this lot would be lucky to win a raffle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
KingstonMariner
February 10, 2018, 7:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown

He probably doesn't like asking difficult questions because Slade and Fenty throw their toys out of the pram when challenged.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
IlkleyMariner
February 10, 2018, 8:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,993
Gold Stars: 69
I would have liked JT to have asked the question "how many games without a win do you think is reasonable to go before sacking the manager". I hope not to be counting for very much longer than 12 games.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Mallyner
February 10, 2018, 8:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I would get rid of that annalyst too, he must be equally clueless.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
Ipswin
February 11, 2018, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
'I am not a quitter' - forgot Cardiff then Russ?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
rancido
February 11, 2018, 9:02am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,565
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 120818[b
]He doesn't know where his analyst is but says we had 6 attacks to t[/b]heir 1, plus although Slade is out of his depth so are the majority of the players, if we survive this season it will be even harder next because the players he got rid off at least got us to our points total today, this lot would be lucky to win a raffle.

I assume he means his psychoanalyst so he can discover whether he has a footballing brain.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.