Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Just back.....

This thread currently has 5,085 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
sam gy
February 11, 2018, 12:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Just seen it.....yeah, absolutely shocking from Kelly

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
FishOutOfWater
February 11, 2018, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I only listened to the commentary so accept your report mariner91 on how Kelly seemingly messed up for their third

I did mention on the match thread though that he had been mentioned more in the first 10-15 minutes he was on than Woolford was the whole game

How either of them could command a place in the team though, when you've already got the midfield passenger that is Berrett,heaven only knows

If we carry on with the midfielders we have for the rest of the season, we really are doomed

Summerfield apart ( who does at least try though his effort to my mind disguises any real ability) we have no fight, no inspiration, no creativity which in turns means no goals
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 23
mariner91
February 11, 2018, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I only listened to the commentary so accept your report mariner91 on how Kelly seemingly messed up for their third

I did mention on the match thread though that he had been mentioned more in the first 10-15 minutes he was on than Woolford was the whole game

How either of them could command a place in the team though, when you've already got the midfield passenger that is Berrett,heaven only knows

If we carry on with the midfielders we have for the rest of the season, we really are doomed

Summerfield apart ( who does at least try though his effort to my mind disguises any real ability) we have no fight, no inspiration, no creativity which in turns means no goals

It wasn't solely Kelly's fault. Osborne initially gave the ball away in a terrible position with a really poor ball into the middle of the pitch. Then nobody really put any active pressure on their central midfielder, allowing him to just wait until the opportunity for the pass presented itself. Clarke was in no man's land, neither closing them down fully or holding the line. Kelly just watched his man, couldn't be bothered to track him and clearly didn't communicate with Dixon who was completely oblivious to the entire situation. All in all, a masterclass in how to gift a goal to the opposition.

As for the midfield, I don't know/care if McAllister is fully fit, he'd definitely be a better option in the middle than Berrett who is the epitome of anonymous. He's been here a year and a half and I honestly can't really think of anything that he's done other than a goal at Cambridge. If McAllister really isn't up to playing then give Clifton a go alongside Summerfield, he really can't be any worse and might actually show a bit of fight. The sooner Dembele comes back the better so that we can get Woolford out of the starting eleven and I'd continue with Wilks on the left who looked okay at times in the first half. If we're relying on Berrett, Woolford and Kelly then we're doomed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Swansea_Mariner
February 11, 2018, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
If we had lost Berret or Summerfield to injury on Sat you could bet your house on Slade preferring Woolford in the middle to either McAlister or Clifton for Cambridge.

Can't fathom any of it, and I don't think anyone will make any sense of it as it's just a nonsensical mess. Thanks Sladeball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.