Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Just back.....

This thread currently has 5,092 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
February 10, 2018, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
First half we were okay. Vernam was lively and Wilks should have scored. We put some decent balls into the box but we don't ever seem to have a coherent game plan when going forward, just seem to make it up as we go along. Mills was really poor leading up to their goal, rushed up out of position and slipped when they played it in behind him. Then Osborne sort of did nothing but fall over and take their guy out. No argument, looked a penalty. Dispatched really well to be fair. Said to my mate well we've lost now and the sad thing was that it was never in doubt from that moment on.

Second half we did nothing of note. All round terrible play for their third goal and their second came from a pot shot outside the area which was something we seemed afraid to try in similar situations even though it was difficult conditions for a keeper.

The sad thing is that most of the players who played for us today won't play ever play again for a FL club. And neither of our management team will ever work for a FL club in those positions again. We have no leadership and no proper fight on the pitch and a manager who doesn't seem to have any clue in how to minimise our weaknesses and make the most of the few strengths we might have.

The fans were sparse but that was to be expected and it was really muted on the terrace. A few funny quips and some good gallows humour but it was really bleak. I've not felt this despondent about Town for a long time, if ever before. If we go down again, there's probably no way back for a long, long time. And if Slade stays in charge we are certain to go down, I can't see us scoring another goal let alone winning a game and by my reckoning we need at least 9 more points. He has to go. Slade Out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Mrs Doyle
February 10, 2018, 6:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Caesar
First half we were not that bad. Vernam in particular looked lively and wanted to at least take some shots. Also Wilks could've put us in front. That said we could easily of conceded as Killip made a double save to prevent Crawley taking the lead. Mills slipped to miss an interception that led to the pen and from then on you knew it was game over.

2nd half was woeful and we never looked like getting back into it. Anyway who thinks this squad has fight in it is deluded. The away following tells you what is happening to our club, the terrace was so sparsely populated it was pretty much single file. You have to ask how long will we let this go on for? The only hope I have for the season is that their might still be 2 teams more useless than us.

That has been the pattern of play every single since Christmas just no idea up front then go one behind or give a goal away and it's heads down FFS SICK OF IT SLADE YOU ARE NOT THE MAN FOR US.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2018, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
First Half - Some might say (and did in the ground) at half time that we played well, no we didn't  playing well is testing their keeper on a number of occasions and we failed to do that, again! Yes we knocked it about a bit and was competitive in the wrong areas but in the final 3rd despite getting in some decent positions around their box we offered zero threat within it. When we attack we don't get offensive players into the box never mind get them dropping off to get on the end of something. All that said we did not deserve to go in 1 down at half time.

Second Half - Disaster, we defended badly and never looked like scoring at the other end. I can't remember Killip making a save in the 2nd half but he had to pick the ball out of the back of the net twice. Which tells you all you need to know about the 2 sides, they took their chances we failed to create any proper ones.

I am really worried as after the 2nd our heads appeared to go down and we where going through the motions a bit which as well as not being able to score is another trait of a relegation side.  Week by week now we are looking more like we lack character and leadership, this is a team with no real spine in footballing terms and I hope I'm wrong but it's beginning to look the same in application terms. Confidence is draining in the players minds I feel.    

Overall - I think the players tried but we appear to fall short in every department both on and off the pitch, I feel for them it's not their fault they are not good enough. Also a word for young Ben Killip who today did nothing wrong and had no chance with all 3, all I hope is that Andy Warrington is constantly in this lads ear telling him he's a good player as this must be destroying the young lad. When the 3rd went in he just laid on the pitch like he wanted it to open up and swallow him.  

There are 13 games left we need 4 wins and 3 draws on the basis of today set the sat nav for Maidenhead, Ebsfleet, Fylde and a good run in the FA Trophy as unless there is two teams worse than us in L2 this year thats where where heading - Back to the National League.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
louth_in_the_south
February 11, 2018, 11:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Well we’re in big big trouble. Anyone who doesn’t think that ( probably only fenty and slade) are completely burying their heads in the sand and deluded . We just don’t look like scoring and once a game goes 2-0 the heads drop Can’t really blame them tbh . That’s what happens when you’re on a run like this .
First half we were the better team and in Vernham we’ve got a bright player who was in the thick of the action trying to make things happen . He always looked for the ball and after beating 2 or 3 players was unlucky with a goal bound shot which would’ve seen us in the lead at half time and then the result may have been different.
Started ok second half without really threatening apart from summerfields free kick which was a pretty comfortable save .
However as soon as the Crawley player tucked his shot away well it was all over .
Walked out as soon as we were carved apart for the 3rd .

There was never going to be a fight back with this lot . A team full of loanees and has beens is the last thing we need right now to get us out this situation.
Well done fenty. Well done slade . You’re responsible for this . Lazy recruitment by fenty and pathetic player recruitment by slade .

Killip -quite surprised by him  . Looked fairly commanding and confident.
Mills -didn’t do a lot wrong apart from a poor cross first half when we actually had men in the box .
Clarke and Osbourne- both past it and absolutely useless.
Dixon - As above
Summerfield and Vernam - only players to really come out with any credit. Both busy and tried to make things happen.
Wilks- did ok and looked an outlet. Don’t know why he got subbed . If not injured then why bring on the useless Kelly who did nothing second half .
Berrett- anonymous and I usually stick up for him . But he was crap .
Woolford - why is this player even in the squad let alone team . He literally didn’t do anything .
Jackson - town looked more like 4-4-1-1 so playing him up front on his own is a waste of time . So that’s what slade does . He’s another player who past it and no threat . Good work slade .

Something else I want to say - at half time the fitness coach was warming up 2 players in the corner near the food kiosk. As I was queuing I was watching them go through this routine. I’m not going to name the 2 players but to me they just looked completely disinterested and bothered about it . These 2 players are slade signings who aren’t regulars. If they really cared and had any professional pride and desire to continue their pro careers I’d have expected them to be trying at least . Sums up sladeys signings and why we are where we are .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Davec
February 11, 2018, 11:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Well we’re in big big trouble. Anyone who doesn’t think that ( probably only fenty and slade) are completely burying their heads in the sand and deluded . We just don’t look like scoring and once a game goes 2-0 the heads drop Can’t really blame them tbh . That’s what happens when you’re on a run like this .
First half we were the better team and in Vernham we’ve got a bright player who was in the thick of the action trying to make things happen . He always looked for the ball and after beating 2 or 3 players was unlucky with a goal bound shot which would’ve seen us in the lead at half time and then the result may have been different.
Started ok second half without really threatening apart from summerfields free kick which was a pretty comfortable save .
However as soon as the Crawley player tucked his shot away well it was all over .

There was never going to be a fight back with this lot . A team full of loanees and has beens is the last thing we need right now to get us out this situation.
Well done fenty. Well done slade . You’re responsible for this . Lazy recruitment by fenty and pathetic player recruitment by slade .

Mills -didn’t do a lot wrong apart from a poor cross first half when we actually had men in the box .
Dixon - As above
Summerfield and Vernam - only players to really come out with any credit. Both busy and tried to make things happen.
Wilks- did ok and looked an outlet. Don’t know why he got subbed . If not injured then why bring on the useless Kelly who did nothing second half .
Woolford - why is this player even in the squad let alone team . He literally didn’t do anything .
Jackson - town looked more like 4-4-1-1 so playing him up front on his own is a waste of time . So that’s what slade does . He’s another player who past it and no threat . Good work slade .

Something else I want to say - at half time the fitness coach was warming up 2 players in the corner near the food kiosk. As I was queuing I was watching them go through this routine. I’m not going to name the 2 players but to me they just looked completely disinterested and bothered about it . These 2 players are slade signings who aren’t regulars. If they really cared and had any professional pride and desire to continue their pro careers I’d have expected them to be trying at least . Sums up sladeys signings and why we are where we are .

The players who looked like they didn't care I guess would be Hooper and Kelly, maybe even Matt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
louth_in_the_south
February 11, 2018, 11:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
There was only 2 and 1 wasn’t Matt ....

And talking of not caring I’ve just watched the highlights and surprise surprise who was the player who gave up tracking his man back for the 3rd goal ??  And allegedly Northampton wanted him on deadline day - MY AR.SE they did .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 11:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Dixon - As above

I'll name them, it was Hooper and Kelly and the fitness lad was putting more effort into their warm up than they where.

Slade and Fenty pretty much deserve everything that has come their way in terms of criticism but some of the players do as well and have done for a bit IMHO. Someone said to me yesterday "it's not their fault if they're not good enough" agree but it is their fault if we get in behind them on the flanks and nobody makes the effort to get into the box to get on the end of promising positions.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
sam gy
February 11, 2018, 11:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Absolutely terrible second half.

Vernam had a great first half. Looks an absolute player.

At the time I thought Mills could’ve done better for the second goal, will have to watch again though if I can be arsed.

I actually didn’t think Kelly was that bad when he came on...seemed confident going past people and at least tried to make something happen. Got through and had a shot on goal too didn’t he? Bet he was as surprised as us to be named in the squad.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
mariner91
February 11, 2018, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,630
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from sam gy
Absolutely terrible second half.

Vernam had a great first half. Looks an absolute player.

At the time I thought Mills could’ve done better for the second goal, will have to watch again though if I can be arsed.

I actually didn’t think Kelly was that bad when he came on...seemed confident going past people and at least tried to make something happen. Got through and had a shot on goal too didn’t he? Bet he was as surprised as us to be named in the squad.

You weren't watching the third goal then? Just left his man, couldn't be arsed to even try and track him back. Most the time he got the ball he slowed us down to the point of almost stopping. Which is fine if you're a creative player but he's not.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
sam gy
February 11, 2018, 12:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from mariner91

You weren't watching the third goal then? Just left his man, couldn't be arsed to even try and track him back. Most the time he got the ball he slowed us down to the point of almost stopping. Which is fine if you're a creative player but he's not.

I watched with despair at how easily they were carving us open. Didn’t notice who the culprit was though and haven’t watched the highlights yet.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.