Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

Relegation

This thread currently has 9,635 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
February 11, 2018, 8:57am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The paragraph with the bit highlighted in bold contradicts what your saying in the paragraph above, if we don't have the talent then how can we pay the football to keep us up.

The players Salde has assembled in this squad are just not good enough.  

I was talking on the premise that we have what we have until the end of the season in playing personnel. Whether good enough or not, we need someone to grab hold of them, work with them, and hopefully introduce something, a spark, a style of play, that might just enable us to hang on by the skin of our teeth.

On a temporary basis until we find a new permanent manager.

Don’t rush the appointment. Let Mr Buckley keep us up and then let the new gaffer start on day 1 of the break.
Reply: 20 - 46
Mrs Doyle
February 11, 2018, 9:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from realist
Dear bottom end. I always thought you were a fool. Your last post confirms it. Bucklley was spent, finished, out of touch and outdated on his last spell as manager. How on earth will he improve things now?

Even if Buckley wanted to manage again (I very much doubt it) WHAT THE HELL AS HE GOT TO WORK WITH ???

In a disastrous Jan transfer window Slade as forced our best-contracted striker out the club, the best playmaking midfielder in Osborne. also, Clements scored goals and looked better than what we have now. So what we have got now is all we have to stop this rot.

Dembele is an absolute shadow of the confident exciting young lad he once was keep hearing about his bad back but I'm not convinced.

It will take a massive effort and a lot of luck the change this now but to carry on with your head buried in the sand would be unforgivable Fenty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
sydney
February 11, 2018, 9:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
I have a colleague who is a Gimps fan, has been years most home and away games so not a GB (Glory Boy)
He was at Cambridge Fri night and said they where one of the toughest sides he had seen away this season and Gimps where v happy with a point
Now with this info about Cambridge I now fully expect us to capitulate there as well so fast forward a week with another game gone no more points and another seemingly poor performance (didn’t go yesterday as still v unhappy about S Jones)
RS / JF you have taken away our hope
Our hope that this week we will turn the corner this week will be the difference
Once hope is lost all is lost
I reckon you will put 300 on the Away following if you sack Slade by next say
Town fans are the best back to the wall fans in country and more will go to support the club and D Moore (I assume)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Posh Harry
February 11, 2018, 10:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Meza
John Hartson said on

Burnley and Town are the only teams not to win in 2018

Well you can add next weeks opponents Cambridge to that list as their last win was in December.

It will be my 3rd game of the season. I have been lucky so far and seen us play half decent in both games (Barnet and Notts County) so hoping I am a lucky charm. Not seen us concede a goal yet.

So 2 teams who have not won this year, and one team who can’t score. 0-0 anyone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Ipswin
February 11, 2018, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 120790

Don’t rush the appointment. Let Mr Buckley keep us up and then let the new gaffer start on day 1 of the break.

I'm all for the new man starting the day after we lose at Forest Green but until then anyone but Buckley.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
marinerjase
February 11, 2018, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 147
Doesn’t matter who’s manager, they still have to work with the root cause. Of which some have conveniently forgot.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
Davec
February 11, 2018, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
If we get relegated nobody will ever forgive Fenty and the rest of the board, the fans will run them out of town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
BottesfordMariner
February 11, 2018, 3:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Why cant JF and the board see what the vast majority of the supporters can see?

If no change is made this club WILL go down.........

The club says its backing the manager because they believe he will turn it around.

Please Please Please Mr Fenty explain to me what evidence you have that things will get better. From where I sit I see absolutely NO EVIDENCE to support this. I see a manager who has run out of ideas and a squad that appears to have little faith in him either.

4 pts out of the last 36 and 12 games without a win with only 4 goals scored stretching over 2 months.. I struggle to think of any manager anywhere in recent years that has survived a run like that.

Yet you continue to sit on your hands Mr Fenty. Your lack of leadership and action will result in this club falling out of the league again. Unthinkable 18 months ago.

If you think the vitriol and anger towards you up to this point is unfair and unwarranted........Jesus you have seen nothing. If things slip along to their inevitable conclusion a pure Shitstorm awaits you.

edit:  hooray
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Grimbiggs
February 24, 2018, 6:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
2 weeks later and it is seriously becoming a reality, how can we stop the rot?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
GrimRob
February 24, 2018, 6:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
We have dropped from 12/1 this morning to 5/1 tonight. A few weeks ago we were 50/1.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.