This thread currently has 9,638 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
scott_gtfc_89
February 10, 2018, 5:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
After today I honestly can’t see us staying up but I hate to say it.

Most the other teams below us have games in hand some two games.

I can’t see us scoring never mind winning.

Am at the lowest I’ve been with the club and I don’t see away out now even if we sacked Slade.

We could be starting next season with just 4 players on the books.

What a nightmare situation.

Am not angry anymore am just dissapointed and upset the club has been let go get like this, 7 strikers on the books and we can’t score. creative midfielders gone and not replaced, even let our top goal scorer go who’s not even a full striker when we can’t score.

How have we got to this, after what ya he supporters did on operation promotion, getting us out the league please John sack Slade, it’s the ONLY THING that gives us the slightest chance of staying up.

It’s just broken from top to bottom.

Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
February 10, 2018, 5:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Ironically it could be FGR that send us down  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
RoboCod
February 10, 2018, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's relegation form, no way of spinning it. I remember watching our painful descent just a few months back, as Cheltenham started clawing their way back, gaining a goal or two every week on our goal difference. Chelts now need a single 1-0 victory to get their GD to zero.
Towns GD is now a quite disgraceful MINUS 18.
You are reading that right, -18.
Bottom (for now) club Barnet are at -16 for comparison.

I was going to carry on the stat comparisons but I can't dress this load of shite in a vain, know-it-all PowerPoint presentation style and I'm angrier than I've ever felt at GTFC so I'm just going to say fook off Slade.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
Grimbiggs
February 10, 2018, 5:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Grimsby have failed to win in their last 12 matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in 71% of their home matches. Grimsby have failed to score in 47% of their home matches. Grimsby have failed to win in their last 6 home matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in each of their last 6 home matches.

Attack- 24th
Defence 19th
Home- 24th

If this isn't relegation form what is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
moosey_club
February 10, 2018, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RoboCod
It's relegation form, no way of spinning it. I remember watching our painful descent just a few months back, as Cheltenham started clawing their way back, gaining a goal or two every week on our goal difference. Chelts now need a single 1-0 victory to get their GD to zero.
Towns GD is now a quite disgraceful MINUS 18.
You are reading that right, -18.
Bottom (for now) club Barnet are at -16 for comparison.

I was going to carry on the stat comparisons but I can't dress this load of shite in a vain, know-it-all PowerPoint presentation style and I'm angrier than I've ever felt at GTFC so I'm just going to say fook off Slade.

the only stat that matters...."we had 6 attempts of trying to get the ball into their box in the first 15 minutes today versus their 1"....thanks Russ , i will sleep better tonight for that little gem

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
February 10, 2018, 5:55pm
Guest User
Mr Fenty already has the unceremonious history of Grimsby Town being relegated through the trap door into none League football.

Will he really want this to be an unsurpassed second relegation to the Football Conference ? I don’t think so. I think there will be an announcement by Monday at the latest, that Russell Slade has had his contract and employment terminated.

I’m actually concerned though that we don’t have the playing personnel to survive the drop. We really do look like a squad as poor as we was last time we got relegated

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Buckley in temporary charge until the end of the season, or until  we find the right man. At least Alan Buckley will get us playing football and put us in with a fighting chance of staying up

Meanwhile, we then need to study the applicants very very carefully.
Reply: 5 - 46
RoboCod
February 10, 2018, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 120790

I’m actually concerned though that we don’t have the playing personnel to survive the drop..

Or even win any CheckaTwat games...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
chaos33
February 10, 2018, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Grimsby have failed to win in their last 12 matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in 71% of their home matches. Grimsby have failed to score in 47% of their home matches. Grimsby have failed to win in their last 6 home matches. Grimsby conceded at least one goal in each of their last 6 home matches.

Attack- 24th
Defence 19th
Home- 24th

If this isn't relegation form what is?

Absolutely this.
As I said elsewhere, the writing has been on the wall for weeks and our incompetent board have ignored it. That writing is now 10 miles high and screaming in Fenty's ear....SACK THEM JOHN for crying out loud.
We have pride and we have standards. What the f*** has happened to the people that run and represent GTFC?!?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
H19P1
February 10, 2018, 6:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Oh dear 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
horsforthmariner
February 10, 2018, 6:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,599
Gold Stars: 9
I disagree if we sack slade we'll probably win 2 from the next 4 and and we'll be on 42 points.

BUT WE WILL BE RELEGATED IF SLADE STAYS - NO IFS NO BUTS SACK SLADE NOW JOHN
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.