dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 2:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from jock dock tower
Sorry Barra, you're wrong, twas 1971-2 and Lincoln gubbed us 3-0 on a Tuesday night. Absolute mayhem all game with Town fans desperate to get into the home fans end to have a pop at the Klan.

I was told bonzo run into their end on his own absolutely no felicitations given
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
jock dock tower
February 10, 2018, 3:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If any Town fan got past that police cordon they must have been desperate.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
grimps
February 10, 2018, 4:04pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
We got chased down the train tracks by Leeds at Donny station. One Saturday morning when we was on our way to Leicester .

As for the Leeds game it was before my time but I once got arrested in France at the World Cup with a Leeds fan from York , he told me he had his skull fractured in the Dolphin on the Friday night before the Town game .
I’ve met many Leeds fans over the years and many of them have said that the Bank holiday Grimsby game was one of the biggest mobs they’d ever assembled , they also admit that Town gave as good as they got depots being out numbered and that on later visits to Blunddell Park they says had a very hard time from Grimsby locals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
Gaffer58
February 10, 2018, 4:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Remember away at Peterborough, Ron Ashman was the manager, believe the police went into our supporters and don't know what happened but seem to think one of them was carried out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
1mickylyons
February 12, 2018, 1:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,381
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

I assure you that at the Imp end of the Upper Findus seats were indeed ripped out - one of the fornicators hit me!

I should have told you this ages ago it was Fenty
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
1mickylyons
February 12, 2018, 1:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimps
We got chased down the train tracks by Leeds at Donny station. One Saturday morning when we was on our way to Leicester .

As for the Leeds game it was before my time but I once got arrested in France at the World Cup with a Leeds fan from York , he told me he had his skull fractured in the Dolphin on the Friday night before the Town game .
I’ve met many Leeds fans over the years and many of them have said that the Bank holiday Grimsby game was one of the biggest mobs they’d ever assembled , they also admit that Town gave as good as they got depots being out numbered and that on later visits to Blunddell Park they says had a very hard time from Grimsby locals

Wonder if he was the guy from the opening post who got put through a pub window?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
1mickylyons
February 12, 2018, 1:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Not true as far as I know and I knew pleaso back in the day , however regards football aggro he did get involved but that's all I'm saying

Nicknamed bagman
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
blackandwhitelaces
February 12, 2018, 3:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +152
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Nicknamed bagman

I once witnessed an altercation between plesoe’s bag and a Liecster fan on GY road  

made in cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leeds@ Grimsby 1982

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.