This thread currently has 13,879 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
February 10, 2018, 8:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sure I have seen a old black and white photo somewhere of "Bonzo" (infamous troublemaker) in blood-soaked white stay press trousers shaking hands with Davy Boylen after confronting some Yorkie fans and getting stabbed up the backside.

Does he not now own a physio place or something must have got bored or older and wiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 8:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Sure I have seen a old black and white photo somewhere of "Bonzo" (infamous troublemaker) in blood-soaked white stay press trousers shaking hands with Davy Boylen after confronting some Yorkie fans and getting stabbed up the backside.

Does he not now own a physio place or something must have got bored or older and wiser.

I think that incident with Bonzo was Lincoln a little bit before my time but heard others speak of it, regarding Leeds anyone who thinks they didn’t get plenty back is kidding themselves they got plenty back and if anything the next time they came ( far less numbers) they got terrorised.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
Ipswin
February 10, 2018, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was in the Upper Findus and cannot remember any seats being ripped out or under threat from Leeds fans.

I assure you that at the Imp end of the Upper Findus seats were indeed ripped out - one of the fornicators hit me!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
FishOutOfWater
February 10, 2018, 12:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think that incident with Bonzo was Lincoln a little bit before my time but heard others speak of it, regarding Leeds anyone who thinks they didn’t get plenty back is kidding themselves they got plenty back and if anything the next time they came ( far less numbers) they got terrorised.  

That incident was definitely at Lincoln

I was only about 13 and went there on a special train with my dad and distinctly remember seeing him outside the station

It was about 1970/71, a night match early-ish in the season as I recall which we lost (3-1 maybe) and there were lots of skirmishes on the way back  from their ground to the station

I think my dad was a bit surprised to see violence like that on the streets when all it was was a local derby.....an eye opener for me too as a young naïve Town fan
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 67
FishOutOfWater
February 10, 2018, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

I assure you that at the Imp end of the Upper Findus seats were indeed ripped out - one of the fornicators hit me!

Leeds were definitely in the Findus at the Imp end.... that's where I saw them when I was going through the turnstiles in to the Pontoon ( as I mentioned in my initial post on the game)

It seems incredible really that it was so out of hand that game, but as others mention, a perfect storm

First game of the season; first day with the new Findus stand; Leeds' first game in the 2nd tier after 20 imperious years or so in the top flight; a traditional Yorkshire sea-side destination on a bank holiday; a warm sunny day; booze galore and there you have it.  BOOM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 67
Jackie Lewis
February 10, 2018, 1:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +75
Didn't Town chase a load of Leeds lads off Donny station one year. Can't remember the match we were going to but if Leeds missed their train I'm sure we were doing some other club a favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
Grim74
February 10, 2018, 2:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Heard a story about Dave Pleasants (the armed robber) who carried out some slashing on the beach either fri or sat night as the leeds scum slept, always liked to think this one was true if anyone can confirm?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
barralad
February 10, 2018, 2:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That incident was definitely at Lincoln

I was only about 13 and went there on a special train with my dad and distinctly remember seeing him outside the station

It was about 1970/71, a night match early-ish in the season as I recall which we lost (3-1 maybe) and there were lots of skirmishes on the way back  from their ground to the station

I think my dad was a bit surprised to see violence like that on the streets when all it was was a local derby.....an eye opener for me too as a young naïve Town fan

Happy to confirm it was Lincoln. It was a night time Football League Cup tie. Town lost 2-1. There was a retaken penalty for Town. Scored the first but missed the retake.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
jock dock tower
February 10, 2018, 2:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sorry Barra, you're wrong, twas 1971-2 and Lincoln gubbed us 3-0 on a Tuesday night. Absolute mayhem all game with Town fans desperate to get into the home fans end to have a pop at the Klan.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
dapperz fun pub
February 10, 2018, 2:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Grim74
Heard a story about Dave Pleasants (the armed robber) who carried out some slashing on the beach either fri or sat night as the leeds scum slept, always liked to think this one was true if anyone can confirm?

Not true as far as I know and I knew pleaso back in the day , however regards football aggro he did get involved but that's all I'm saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leeds@ Grimsby 1982

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.