9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
February 9, 2018, 6:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimreaper
Just to put a few things straight about akwasi.
He only trained with the 1st team squad once. He suprised management how fit and good he was. He was then told to train with the youth.
This was not about akwasi ability, he was a Bignot player on relative high wages together with the othet 3 that have gone. All four had to go. No attempt made to stop them including osborne.
Regards Solihull. When akwasi went there it was to get match fitness. He was still recovering from a bruised bone on his right foot.look it up it can take time to heel but he was prepared to have steroid injections to get through pain.
Richard money loaned him and paid all of his wages. Akwasi was getting fitter until money walked out and Mark Yates took over. Similar scenario to grimsby. Akwasi was on loan at a team that the new manager wanted his own players.
Akwasi  tried to cancel the loan but grimsby was not allowing it they were saving money. He stayed till the end which was a waste of time. My believe was that they thought solihull was going to keep him.
Akwasi pushed for the loan to solihull because of the physio facilities were far better. His intention was to come back to grimsby and fight for a place. That was never going to happen.
His time at grimsby he looks upon as a positive experience. He had 6 months left of a contract which meant he could have sat in the stands and collect his wages.
That's not for akwasi. He has agreed a severance and has signed for a club in the Midlands who came in for him last week.They have matched his financial package but more importantly he will be given the chance to play. He still has ambitions..
Regarding the rumours about him not pulling his weight in training just a smoke screen. Anyway all has been sorted.
There could have been a lot more to say but have agreed to keep shim. All the best for the future you fans deserve it.

Tamworth in Conference North have matched what he was on at Town as a high earner???

Doesnt ring true to me tbh
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
sam gy
February 10, 2018, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm beginning to think you are one of the JF squad as you always seem to come down on the club's side.

Your comment is basically silly as regards a serious threat of relegation so it isn't the right time to play him, when we aren't scoring goals and now Slade is relying on loanees who are not that prolific.

It seems to me that JF and RS would rather see us relegated than play one of Bignot's signings.

Yeah, I’m either Fenty’s best mate OR I just don’t think there’s much evidence to suggest Asante is good enough for us. Who has he signed for again? Tamworth??

Personally I would take a player with Jackson’s pedigree or Wilks’ potential over Asante right now. That is just my opinion, I hope I am allowed that.

Happy to be proved wrong when Asante fires a league two team to promotion in a few years.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
Ipswin
February 10, 2018, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Tamworth in Conference North have matched what he was on at Town as a high earner???

Doesn't ring true to me tbh

I don't think for a minute that Tamworth have got anywhere near matching what he was on at Town but after Fenty revealed his true thoughts last Saturday and Slade's blatantly obvious dislike of the lad, I suspect he would have gone absolutely anywhere for peanuts just to get away from GTFC.

Fenty's comment last week probably decided him not to sit in the stand picking up his wages until the end of his contract which in fairness he could have done. Back in the West Mids too.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Asante Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.