ginnywings
February 7, 2018, 11:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I'll probally be in the minority here, but I'm glad he's gone. I'm just going by the home games, but since that penalty miss against Crawley, he's been practically useless, never been the same player again. Makes you wonder if he was tapped up, or his agent gave him knowledge making him lose interest.  No doubt he's got ability, wouldn't be surprised if he pushes on and moves up another tier.

Yeah, fair point, but that's where good management should come into play. He was clearly our best player; wouldn't have gone to the top end of league 1 otherwise.

Maybe in time, the players we have now will come good and it won't matter, but he's still our top scorer, without playing at all for weeks and without playing to his full potential for months. Just hope the ones we have now make it irrelevant, but it's not looking good is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
arryarryarry
February 7, 2018, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mariner91
Who isn't likely to play again?

Don't shoot the messenger but I heard a whisper on Saturday that keeper Jake Keen is not likely to play again.

Nothing to do with injury I understand but it did seem strange dropping him after the Colchester game when he really didn't do anything wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
Teestogreen
February 8, 2018, 12:14am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from ginnywings

I've no idea to be honest. Players are coming into and out of the squad at an alarming rate, and i don't know who is footing the bill for the loanees, they may well be subsidised.

What i do know is that when you have a team that chop and change constantly, as we are doing, it's usually a sign of a club in trouble. Most promoted sides, just continue on with building for the next level by adding a few better players and slowly phasing out the less able ones. We get back in the league, have 3 managers and a caretaker in less than two seasons, and more players than we can count coming and going. We can't do anything normally. We seem to be in a constant state of building for something in the future. A future point that never arrives.

This is so spot on. Can't agree more

UTM - Bring on Crawley!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 8, 2018, 6:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91
Who isn't likely to play again?

Kean, I would guess.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
1mickylyons
February 8, 2018, 6:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
He was a wild card signing and a lot of fans myself included where excited at the prospect of another Bogle type forward.The fleeting glimpse I had of him when he scored he looked like Bogle a right handful and I have yet to think that of Hooper,Vernon,Cardwell for a start.From what grimreaper says and from the departures we have seen it looks like Bignot got players in on big money and the board having sanctioned this then decided it wasn`t for them and to cut their losses?The squad was massive after Bignot left it`s still massive under Slade and whilst the wage bill may have come down a tad so as the quality of the squad.We need numbers to be low 20s with a few loaness and most of that 20 needs to be quality.This Summer will see another massive clearout and influx and for us the fans after seeing Hurst build a team we could identify with it`s very distressing but it must happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
Davec
February 8, 2018, 8:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Who has Asante signed for then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
Abdul19
February 8, 2018, 8:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't shoot the messenger but I heard a whisper on Saturday that keeper Jake Keen is not likely to play again.

Nothing to do with injury I understand but it did seem strange dropping him after the Colchester game when he really didn't do anything wrong.

I thought it might be something to do with the 27 loanees, but the first game he missed only had 4. What on earth has gone on (if he's not injured)?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
Maringer
February 8, 2018, 9:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Regarding Asante, I've for no idea about what has gone on, but I do seem recall that the Solihull fans didn't seem overly bothered when he signed for us and he wasn't starting games then either - they were more upset about the loss of Osborne.

Whether they weren't that bothered because his fitness wasn't right at the time or not, I don't know, but you'd normally be more upset about the loss of your top scorer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
monkeyboy
February 8, 2018, 9:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Kean, I would guess.

And probably and sadly Mcallitser who has never had a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
Ipswin
February 8, 2018, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Perhaps if there were more covert recordings of what John Fenty really thinks we might shift a few more off the wage bill too

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Asante Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.