arryarryarry
February 7, 2018, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,057
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
People saying he had 'potential' and 'never got the chance'.... Perhaps these statements are true, however if he was under-performing in training and not putting the work in then I can see why he never got his chance. He went on loan to Solihull to get games & gain some much needed match fitness and performed very poorly, why do so many think he would have been our saviour?

Hooper has played like he cannot be arsed when brought on and we were warned of this by Port Vale fans but he is still here.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2018, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,201
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from arryarryarry

Hooper has played like he cannot be arsed when brought on and we were warned of this by Port Vale fans but he is still here.

And is contracted to be here next year too.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
KingstonMariner
February 7, 2018, 7:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
People saying he had 'potential' and 'never got the chance'.... Perhaps these statements are true, however if he was under-performing in training and not putting the work in then I can see why he never got his chance. He went on loan to Solihull to get games & gain some much needed match fitness and performed very poorly, why do so many think he would have been our saviour?

Do you have some information not known to anyone else?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
sam gy
February 7, 2018, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from KingstonMariner

One can guess that he wasn’t pulling up any trees seen as he’s never got near Slade’s squad, and he couldn’t get in the team when he was fit under Bignot either.

Fair enough he wasn’t given a chance but there’s a serious threat of relegation and It doesn’t seem to be the right time to give him a chance now!

Harsh but I would be surprised to see him in LG 2 again.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
Mrs Doyle
February 7, 2018, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Jeez we have wasted a lot of money this season losing count now on who is still here.

That's Osborne.Clements, Tombola,Jones,Asante, gone. Some decent players there whilst we keep the likes of Woolford, Hooper and Vernon.

Slade must see something we can't because I think we have thrown away the wrong players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
Marinerz93
February 7, 2018, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Grimsby Town Football Club can confirm that striker, Akwasi Asante has left the club by mutual consent to move onto another club with immediate effect

It would be interesting to hear his side of the story for balance.

Is this the first time a director has driven a player out of the club?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
moosey_club
February 7, 2018, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,184
Gold Stars: 224
No suprise...was clear he would never play for us again when Slade basically dismissed the subject when asked how he was doing by JT a few weeks ago....will probably never know for sure but for JF to discuss him as he did in the Fenty Tapes ...added to the total disregard of Slade  gives some indication that the players attitude was lacking somewhat.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2018, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,201
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Direct line to pen penfras?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
lee65
February 7, 2018, 8:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Jeez we have wasted a lot of money this season losing count now on who is still here.

That's Osborne.Clements, Tombola,Jones,Asante, gone. Some decent players there whilst we keep the likes of Woolford, Hooper and Vernon.

Slade must see something we can't because I think we have thrown away the wrong players.

I think it's a little unfair to lump Vernon in with Hooper and Woolford.  He always gives 100%, and still useful when "seeing a game out".  Unfortunately, I accept we haven't been in that position for some time  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
grimreaper
February 7, 2018, 9:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +297
Just to put a few things straight about akwasi.
He only trained with the 1st team squad once. He suprised management how fit and good he was. He was then told to train with the youth.
This was not about akwasi ability, he was a Bignot player on relative high wages together with the othet 3 that have gone. All four had to go. No attempt made to stop them including osborne.
Regards Solihull. When akwasi went there it was to get match fitness. He was still recovering from a bruised bone on his right foot.look it up it can take time to heel but he was prepared to have steroid injections to get through pain.
Richard money loaned him and paid all of his wages. Akwasi was getting fitter until money walked out and Mark Yates took over. Similar scenario to grimsby. Akwasi was on loan at a team that the new manager wanted his own players.
Akwasi  tried to cancel the loan but grimsby was not allowing it they were saving money. He stayed till the end which was a waste of time. My believe was that they thought solihull was going to keep him.
Akwasi pushed for the loan to solihull because of the physio facilities were far better. His intention was to come back to grimsby and fight for a place. That was never going to happen.
His time at grimsby he looks upon as a positive experience. He had 6 months left of a contract which meant he could have sat in the stands and collect his wages.
That's not for akwasi. He has agreed a severance and has signed for a club in the Midlands who came in for him last week.They have matched his financial package but more importantly he will be given the chance to play. He still has ambitions..
Regarding the rumours about him not pulling his weight in training just a smoke screen. Anyway all has been sorted.
There could have been a lot more to say but have agreed to keep shim. All the best for the future you fans deserve it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Asante Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.