2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
February 7, 2018, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Lots of 'em will be fake/scam companies who have fleeced people out of money. Interesting fact is that there are almost as many companies registered in the UK each year as there are children born. Well over 600k per annum at the last check. Most of them (around three quarters) never pay any tax, though obviously many won't make any profits.

It is pretty easy to start up a company, trade for a while and then wind it up without HMRC having a clue what is going on.

Apparently, 4 people work in the department at Companies House which deals with the registration of the 4 million or so companies which exist at any given time. You can forgive them for not keeping track of most of these companies.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
arryarryarry
February 7, 2018, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Caveman
I'm more worried about No.10

Better take my 50 grand out.

Where could I invest it?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One list you don't want to be on

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.