1mickylyons
February 7, 2018, 11:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from towncryer

Oh come on micky, credit where credit's due.
We have the biggest support in this league home and away although notts and cov are trying to overtake us by giving thousands of free tickets away for some of their games.
We currently have 3 times as many fans as you so if we're a small time league 2 Club what does that make you?

Your clubs finished. Fenty is going nowhere and let's face it if he does you'll be gone a lot quicker than the slow death your club is suffering at the moment.
You have nothing , absolutely nothing to offer any potential investors. John would have literally give the club away to get anyone within 10 miles of cleethorpes and is he going to do that ??? Is he heck. He's put to much in to pull out now. Your stuck with him and he's a dinosaur and your only going one way. The only hope you have got is that when Slade does eventually go that somehow and by some miracle John gets the right manager in but what's the chances of that ???
Good luck to you cos your going to need it with him at the helm but you can have as many demo's as you like, he ain't going nowhere and there's no one out there to save you.

Weve been around for 140 years and I doubt you have topped us on average gates in more than 10 of them? Now what that says is when the going gets tough as in really tough you lot shrink to around 2k and we don`t.The last 18 Months Lincoln have got it right on and off the pitch and are having a golden period THIS WILL END it always does at some point.Enjoy the ride towncryer cos when the Cowley`s go you will be back to where you belong in the natural pecking order a small league 2 Club.GY well who knows like you say we could be proper doomed I would not bet against it but I would bet you will be the first 6 fingered bell ringing goon on here spouting BS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 100
1mickylyons
February 7, 2018, 11:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Impish2

Our chairman got the SA investor on board who got the right manager in. Though it's not only about the Cowleys. Clive Nates has also helped attract a lot of decent people into the club, they have brought in business acumen and forward thinking with aims to improve things on and off the pitch and help galvanise the club .  We were down to the barest of bones staff and board member wise, apathy amongst the fans and a terrible feeling of stagnation and resignation to our fate.

The last 18 months have been a minor miracle, it probably won't last and the bubble will burst to a degree at some point. Even if/when the Cowleys move on though I expect the infrastructure will be in place that keeps the club at a much healthier place than previously.

A good sensible post from an Imp and whatever the circumstances of the checkatwat glad an U23 team never made the final.The competition was for lower league players and fans to experience Wembley.Good Luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 100
RoboCod
February 7, 2018, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from towncryer

Oh come on micky, credit where credit's due.
We have the biggest support in this league home and away although notts and cov are trying to overtake us by giving thousands of free tickets away for some of their games.
We currently have 3 times as many fans as you so if we're a small time league 2 Club what does that make you?

Your clubs finished. Fenty is going nowhere and let's face it if he does you'll be gone a lot quicker than the slow death your club is suffering at the moment.
You have nothing , absolutely nothing to offer any potential investors. John would have literally give the club away to get anyone within 10 miles of cleethorpes and is he going to do that ??? Is he heck. He's put to much in to pull out now. Your stuck with him and he's a dinosaur and your only going one way. The only hope you have got is that when Slade does eventually go that somehow and by some miracle John gets the right manager in but what's the chances of that ???
Good luck to you cos your going to need it with him at the helm but you can have as many demo's as you like, he ain't going nowhere and there's no one out there to save you.

You've not posted here since September, usual brave fan, wait until something goes right until you stick your head above the parapet. Just like two 3rds of your 'crowd'' - no interest until the going gets good and there's something to gloat about.
I'm sure the historic game against Chelsea under 23's [ ]will be passed down into your (rather limited) footballing folklore.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 100
louth_in_the_south
February 7, 2018, 12:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,638
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A good sensible post from an Imp and whatever the circumstances of the checkatwat glad an U23 team never made the final.The competition was for lower league players and fans to experience Wembley.Good Luck

I get what you mean 1ML but surely it would’ve been better if an u23 won it in front of a few thousand at Wembley live on tv as it would publicly make a mockery of the competition and resign it to Steve Harvey’s bin

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 100
towncryer
February 7, 2018, 12:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from RoboCod

You've not posted here since September, usual brave fan, wait until something goes right until you stick your head above the parapet. Just like two 3rds of your 'crowd'' - no interest until the going gets good and there's something to gloat about.
I'm sure the historic game against Chelsea under 23's [ ]will be passed down into your (rather limited) footballing folklore.

I only posted on here because of the stick some of the contributors were coming out with on here.
I'm not a fan of the completion and didn't attend our group game against Everton simply because I wasn't interested in watching them. We all know that the closer a Wembley Final gets, and don't forget we have never played there before, the more intrest is going to be generated. You would have had exactly the same when you got to the Final.
And yes, to answer Micky at the same time, when the Cowleys do leave things may level out again, who knows but you have to live in the moment and savour it and that's exactly what we're doing.
I don't wish town any ill harm but the whole of your club seems to be living in the past and unless someone sorts it ,it has no future.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 100
Posh Harry
February 7, 2018, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,338
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Crowley’s are going nowhere at present in process of moving from a rental house paid for by the club to nice £500k village retreat, and their goal is to get Lincoln into the Championship and with the money they are generating it could happen, which will make my visits to the local increasingly unbeatable,

Personally I could see Hurst going to Barnsley as would have thought the geographical location would be perfect for him and he always was getting loan players from them so must be a good relationship already in place.

So the Cowley’s live together. How sweet.

Brings up images of Eric and Ernie. I wonder which one is which. 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 100
RoboCod
February 7, 2018, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

I only posted on here because of the stick some of the contributors were coming out with on here.

Erm..contributors? You mean GTFC fans? On a GTFC board? Who made you milk monitor?

I'm not a fan of the completion and didn't attend our group game against Everton simply because I wasn't interested in watching them.

Heh...you were one of those who figured out it WAS'NT the Everton first team huh? But Chelsea Under 23's are a different thing altogether, and of course Wembley!!
So now you're aboard, and we all now know you're a true died in the wool Lincoln fan who is simply selective about his band wagon of choice ..I think we're done here

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 100
ginnywings
February 7, 2018, 1:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Please don't get on at me for abandoning my boycott and principles because Wembley was in sight. We've never been before you see, and even though we did only have to beat 2 teams of players who have barely started shaving, it just feels so good. Shaun Harvey will be thrilled, i'm sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 100
Mallyner
February 7, 2018, 1:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
[quote=120966]

So the Cowley’s live together. How sweet.

Living with a sibling is traditional in Lincoln.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 100
1mickylyons
February 7, 2018, 1:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from towncryer

I'm not a fan of the completion and didn't attend our group game against Everton simply because I wasn't interested in watching them. We all know that the closer a Wembley Final gets, and don't forget we have never played there before, the more intrest is going to be generated. You would have had exactly the same when you got to the Final.
And yes, to answer Micky at the same time, when the Cowleys do leave things may level out again, who knows but you have to live in the moment and savour it and that's exactly what we're doing.
I don't wish town any ill harm but the whole of your club seems to be living in the past and unless someone sorts it ,it has no future.

Better.In our case we don`t have much but the past to gloat about at present.If like you we could put together a decent cup run and get a draw against a big boy and some tv revenue it could kick start us.For the record the ONLY reason the Imps are getting so much attention on here is not so much jealousy of your Club but anger at our own for failing to capitilise on the support it had after winning the play off.I remember reading Vital before we had won vs FGR and the vast majority wished us well saying far better a proper club got the spot even if it was us.I felt just the same for Lincoln last night the fact you are on here today because it meant something I bet not a single Chelsea fan spared a thought about last night`s result.Them and Us I am afraid and I`m still with US.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln v Chelsea U23

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.